Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Dinner Party // Concert on the Square

Dress: Wildflower Bouquet Sweetheart Flutter Sleeve Dress by Leota (size XL) via Gwynnie Bee
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 40-37-53
I adore these well fitting sweetheart dresses from Leota. They are more suited for work, as they are on the conservative side...but I often wear them out. I wouldn't change a thing about them. 
I'm not sure what I'll do when these teggings no longer fit me...it blows my mind that they are so stretchy...they are getting a bit baggy at the bottoms though. Snag makes some excellent footless tights, but there are not so many colors to choose from. Change is good, right?
This is my first time wearing these blue sandals...I got them 2 sizes smaller & they fit great. I had picked up my last pair for a few dollars at Savers & they were a size too big on me at the time, however, I don't think of myself as wearing blue a lot...but after black, it's the color that appears most in my blog, so...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Violet Voss Sparkling Cherry Limeade eyeshadow palette, UD lipliner in Bang, Bite Beauty lipliner in 72, Nectar lipstick from Sugarpill Cosmetics, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game? 
I first wore this dress to work & the Wednesday market...I am quite happy, but I make terrible faces. Lovely green Fluevog: Hi-Choice Jennifer, found on Poshmark. 
Our first real Kimchi from an Asian market...up to this point, we've been buying white people kimchi...this stuff was bubbling & making noises when I opened it. Butter shrimp with kimchi & roasted zucchini for lunch. A trip to Fraboni's to get pasta. Our moth friend hung out on the porch with us for a few days, then was gone. It was an Imperial Moth, according to Google. Butterflies get all the ooo's & aahh's, but I think moth's are often much more beautiful. 
At Meat People Butcher...I had to send this photo to David because I couldn't remember which one we like...it's the rosemary & olive oil. On a kimchi kick...I tried making a salmon salad mixed with it mixed in...it was good.  
A walk in nature...
David & I are trying to go on more walks where we are surrounded by beauty.
Dinner party for 5...I made a simple heirloom tomato salad with basil, olive oil, & balsamic. This bread from Batch! I went in looking to buy one of their Epi de blé (baguette shaped like a chaff of wheat that is pretty & breaks off nicely), but they've changed their recipe & haven't been able to get it to work with that shape...so the helpful woman behind the counter suggested these amazing cheese ficelle...demi- baguette rolled with Pecorino Romano...my new favorite bread. Josh showed up with ingredients for amazing cocktails...& we had just the right vintage glasses.
For our meal, I based the menu on what was in season at market...I made garlic scape pistachio pesto on fusilli giagante, with peas & grilled whole shrimp...I love the heads; grilled steak with chimichurri (my first attempt & I am so glad I wrote the recipe down so I can recreate it); & a raspberry tart with a pistachio crust that was a bit of a disaster (the filling didn't set). 
Before the pandemic, I'd been buying myself fresh flowers every week...then the price went up & I stopped. I picked up some flowers at market on Sunday before our dinner party...& I've been getting them again ever since. I wore this dress again to Wednesday market, to see our trainer, & then meet Kate at Concerts on the Square. 
I got there early to get us a spot & wander...I walked all around the capitol...people watching & reading restaurant menu offerings.  
Waiting for the girlie...oh, look! It's me & the girlie! I've wanted to try La Taguara for years...but I'd rather have the best first impression & eat it fresh at their restaurant. Kate brought us some wine, sugar snap peas, & blueberries to munch on. 
Adorable girlie in an octopus jumpsuit. The theme for the night was Reflections on Liberty, featuring a world premiere by their composer in residence, Dr. Bill Banfield, entitled "Testimony of Tone, Tune, & Time", inspired by the writings of Frederick Douglass. They also performed my favorite, Carmina Burana. It was a lovely night with my bezzer...perfect weather, many doggies, a girl in a mushroom dress, a topless woman...& Kate finally saw a guy in hootchie daddy shorts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment