Friday, January 26, 2024

The Nutcracker // Thrifting // Ketamine

Dress: The Long-Sleeve Somerset Maxi Dress by Anthropologie via Nuuly
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog, Power: Coal
Glasses: Francis Klein
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Green Goddess Vintage
Bracelet: Vintage
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-42
Orange! This abstract design was an ideal dress for me to rent as that's not typically my style. As usual, Somerset is a great fit...the long sleeves were wonderful for colder weather...deep pockets, smocked waist fits you like a glove, hook closure at the neckline, & I love a dress with tiers. 
My preferred maxi length...so you can still see the shoes & can wear both flats or heels. 
I wore my leopard glasses...
The orange in these Coals were an excellent match for the dress. The burgundy toes are patent leather & I just recently learned that Pledge will shine it up...I've been doing it to all my patent recently, I'll try it on these the next time I wear them. 
Orange make-up & jewelry...
My make-up with this outfit included...Zero eyeliner from Urban Decay; Blazing, Blood Moon, & Nefertiti eyeshadow by Huda Beauty; MAC lipliner in Chicory; Gothica & Pumpkin lipstick from KVD; & OPI nail polish in A Woman's Prague-ative.  A good mail day...I've been trying to hunt down this Effie's Heart gramophone print in a dress I liked...I don't love the fake buttons, but it's an adorable dress otherwise & better than the square neck ones that pop up on Poshmark the most. 2 pairs of shoes from the 10 Days of Vogmas that David bought for me...every day for 10 days, shoes that don't typically go on sale, were an excellent deal. My dream is to use antique gold Rub 'n' Buff to highlight the embossing on the black shoes...wouldn't that be pretty? Back in October during the Flumunity Fest there was a talk on taking care of your shoes...David took notes & then he ordered all of this...it's a few layers deep...we now have everything we would ever need to spruce up our footwear. Dinner...Sheet Pan Roast Chicken & Mustard-Glazed Cabbage.And later that day...I first wore this dress to see The Nutcracker with David. This is our second year in a row seeing this production...it's alright, but I think we'll see Milwaukee's version next year instead. Our tickets were excellent...front row center. I enjoyed watching the orchestra play. Nutcracker photo-op! How had we missed this on our way in?!The sale was so good at Ulta on my brow pencils & Urban Decay eyeliners...I had to order more online. I also wore this dress to work & thrifting at the westside Goodwill afterwards. 
I have a thing for polka dots...& David is not a fan...they are just so happy to me. This was our Christmas Eve dinner...ribs smoked on the grill with wood from our apple tree & the blueberry chipotle bbq sauce from 12 Bones in Asheville with baked apples & salt & vinegar roasted cabbage. The last time I wore this dress was at Essential Health...where I had a subcutaneous ketamine experience. 
It was pretty uneventful, but let me know that I don't have any bad reaction to ketamine & was a good intro to the more serious ketamine therapy I went on to have elsewhere. My favorite part of this experience was thinking of a question & drawing a tarot card after & reading about it.
My question was...will I ever beat my anxiety? Then I went to Gail Ambrosius to get chocolate for Kate, but I forgot they close for a few weeks after Christmas. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment