Thursday, November 4, 2021

Wild Pink // Ratboys // U.P.

Dress: Roadside Attraction Dress by ModCloth (size 26)
Cardigan: MAK
Tights: Snag
Shoes: 9 West
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
I bought this dress from one of the girls from Girls of GB...& then promptly never wore it...like oh, so many of my pretty dresses. So, obviously it's too big on me, but at least it finally got out of the house. Alter it or pass it on? I think I like it a lot, but don't love it. I guess the teepee with the sign above it that says, Sleep in a Wigwam makes me uncomfortable...& makes me question...would I wear this around a native person? But I do love a kitschy print & this dress is well made. 
Lots of light on me as the sun was setting. I guess I wasn't too worried about getting great pictures of this dress since it didn't fit me. 
I wore blue eyeshadow! I rarely do that. Also, this was my first time wearing both this earring & bracelet. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch, Nars Mediteranee eyeshadow duo, Sephora eyeshadow Chrome No 04,  Chicory lipliner by MAC, Gothica lipstick from Kat von D, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game? 
My eyebrows & bruised eyelids nearly 1 week after replacement surgery. My last time at the gym. David doesn't want to go there once the mask ban is lifted & has bought us some home equipment, so we've been using that. It makes me sad. I liked going to the gym, I felt badass lifting weights. After the gym...I walked around Olbrich Gardens just because I could. I think I cried...I was so happy to be able to do that. 
This box of various flavors of electrolyte drink mix came to me while David was in California. He makes his own, but he so sweetly got me some I would actually like & drink. I try to drink a few of these on days we are fasting. Watermelon is my favorite. 
6 week check-up with my knee surgeon. I hit his range of motion goal of 120°! He said I was his star patient for the week. Meeting Freddie & Angie at the playground...Freddie is so fun to watch. DJ Baby Berlin...I just hardly ever watch/listen to Twitch anymore since there are actual things to do & places to go. Like...shows at The Shitty Barn. My chair is second in line. Sharon always beats me (except for once).
I saw Wild Pink with Ratboys opening...I could have gone to Stoughton Opera House where Lowest Pair was playing, but tickets to the barn went on sale before I knew that was a possibility...& you've got to take a chance on new things. Sadly, these 2 bands were clearly talented, but just not for me. I should have left when I saw the lead singer was wearing Crocs.
The next day, I wore this dress again as I drove to Upper Michigan in Veronika to visit Brian. So, here on the blog, I am ending my visit with the day I got there. It had been 2 years since I'd seen Brian...because 2020...& it was wonderful to reconnect...it was good for my soul. So many of the streets to Brian's house were closed due to construction...so I had to turn around in the high school parking lot & couldn't resist admiring my lake. Lake Superior is my calm place & what I think of when I think of home. 
After arriving at Brian's & unpacking all the food I brought...I made us dinner. We had the cumin roasted salmon with cilantro sauce that I'd made a few times this past summer as a cold salad. I am happy to report, it is equally good warm...plus, I grated some fresh ginger into the cilantro sauce which made it even better. Served with Brussels sprouts, roasted cauliflower, & white wine...delicious. After dinner we went to Brian's studio so he could cut his nephew's hair. And Keira getting belly rubs after playing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment