Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Knee Replacement Consultation

Dress: Navy & Pink Speckled Faux Wrap Dress by Donna Morgan (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee
Leggings: LuLaRoe via eBay (TC2)
Shoes: Born
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace: Wendy Baker 
Bracelets: Vintage 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 47-45-65
This multi colored speckled dress reminded me of leopard print, so of course I adored it. I loved everything about this dress...the fit, shape, length, print, colors...great work dress, although I did have to pin the neckline closed. 
Let's talk about the leggings...I am fully aware they weren't the best choice. In person...a lot of the colors were similar, even the mint...but in reality, the prints just clashed & I should have worn plain pink teggings.
This is my pink summer...I've been wearing this lipstick a LOT...I like it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline; Totally Fetch, Café au Lait, & Sprinkles eyeshadow from Too Faced; Big Bang lip liner & lipstick; & OPI nail polish in Can't Hear Myself Pink!
The first strawberries of the season that I was able to snag at market. David went to Saturday market with me as Kate was on vacation. Some fabulous music played by the lovely DJs of Twitch. 
I had been eagerly awaiting this knee replacement consultation as this particular doctor has a history of doing them with patients with a higher BMI. I had to drive ~30 minutes out of town...totally worth it. Obviously. I LOVED him & his nurse & everyone he chose to work with him. It feels like an excellent fit, & not just desperation because this doctor is my only hope of getting this surgery in 2021. Unfortunately, since I recently had a steroid injection, we had to wait 90 days out from that. I am scheduled for a knee replacement on August 24th!!! I am excited & terrified. I've never had surgery before & this is a big one. I made the mistake of searching for "knee replacement" on Reddit...a lot of good info from people who've had the surgery came up, also a picture of one in progress. I can't unsee that. I told my mom & she said, oh, your dad was awake & he was watching it on the monitor!?!! So, I am hopeful for a future where I can WALK. More Twitch DJ music. 
Dinner with Angie & Freddie. This week David made us pork chops, mushrooms, & scapes on their charcoal grill (delicious) & Angie concocted a delightful salad from their CSA offerings for the week. Freddie let me read him 2 books on the couch while David was outside cooking...& later asked David to read them again. Such a cutie! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment