Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Abby Jeanne // U.P.

 Dress: Navy Mandala Challis Skater Dress by Torrid (size 4x)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: Etsy
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I picked up this Torrid dress during a buy one clearance item, get two free while I was in the store picking up a legging order. This is my first time wearing it. The fit was good...there is no stretch to the material, but the waist is smocked. I'm not a fan of any kind of bow at the neckline...so I tucked it in...also, the flutter sleeves allowed my bra to show when my arms were up. A cute dress, but not a necessary one in my closet. 
I love when it works out that we can take photos just before sunset, the golden hour. 
Navy & coral is not a color combination I typically think of as going together...I like it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, UD lipstick in Heat, & Magnífico México nail polish from OPI. 
I first wore this dress to go to The Shitty Barn with Kate to see the fabulous Abby Jeanne. This occasion actually warranted a much more awesome dress, but I picked this one because I was having a heavy period & wanted to wear a dress I wasn't that excited about on the off chance it were to get stained. It didn't. 
Girlie taco time is the best time. Before the show, the opening band did yoga.
Super fun pairing with Saebra & Carlyle...both bands are friends from Milwaukee...but Abby Jeanne & her band are moving to California. It just happened to be Abby's 26th birthday the day of the show...& the lovely folks at the barn got her a cake. 
Freddie! Kate buying a wooden spoon from a guy at market making them on site...& some rusted metal framed windows at Deconstruction, Inc. Also, me picking out sunflowers...wearing my pajamas. 
I couldn't resist this colorful palette by Sugarpill...some gorgeous OPI fall shades, & a new to me brand, Melt...palette bought during Sephora's most recent 15% off sale. And yet more LuLaRoe leggings. Just can't get enough. 
And finally...I wore this dress to drive David to the airport in Milwaukee, where he flew out to visit his parents...& then I continued on to the Yoop to visit my wonderful friend, Brian! Welcome to Michigan...I met Brian at the salon he works at...it's in a super cool old house...he's pictured here in what used to be the dining room, with what I suspect is the original wallpaper...the bottom is raised leather. Also, we got pasties...which weren't as good as the ones his mom makes...but were still delicious. Alexa was a big part of our weekend...he has his whole house wired so you can tell Alexa to turn on/off lights & on the first night as I was going to sleep...I asked Alexa to play me songs by Zoe Keating

1 comment:

  1. I know you're not a fan of that dress - it just comes across in your words - but I have to be the first to tell you here that it looks amazeballs on you! I don't like combed cotton with no stretch so I get it, but the neckline and color and length or whatever is really really really great on you! And I have seen ALL of your posts so I know what looks good on you, lol... (i.e., mostly everything you put together!) But really, this dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete