Sunday, April 1, 2018

Wisconsin Film Fest Contemplation Cocktails

 Dress: Circle Dress in Teal by Leota (size 5L) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Shoes: Merona, thrifted
Earring: eBay
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I loved this teal fit & flare with its textured fabric & circle print. The heavy jersey hung nicely & was a great length. However, this brand is confusing me lately...Leota used to fit me perfectly in their size 5L, but the last few dresses in that size have been too big on me...so they fit more true to size. I wanted to wear a cardigan with this outfit, but there was so much extra fabric on top...nothing was laying right. 
I adore this color combination...embracing color means I have so many more choices. I know it's hard to believe...but before GB I wore black, burgundy, brown, dark purple, & moss green. That's it. So, none of the hues in this outfit were in my past wardrobe. I'm so glad I rediscovered the rainbow. 
This dress had a low scooped back that a lot of girls wore in the front...but I preferred it this way. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss, UD eyeshadow in Junkshow, Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions palette, Winterberry lipstick from Bite Beauty, Crush lipstick by UD, & OPI nail polish in You're A Pisa Work. 
Girlie cocktails & eats at Merchant...it's become a yearly tradition the Friday after the film fest guide is released. We share our picks & try to make a reasonable schedule before tickets go on sale the next morning.
It was the 6th anniversary of my best friend, Shane, taking his life...so I wore his symbol, the fleur-de-lis...in his memory. I miss his laugh every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment