Monday, April 25, 2016

Let's Spend the Afternoon in a Hot Air Balloon

 Sweater: Lane Bryant
Skirt: Carnaby Skirt in Up & Away Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via FabFatshion Resale Group
Shoes: Groundhog, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Kate
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit for an afternoon with Angie, then grocery shopping & again on Monday to run fun errands & work. GB had this Effie's Heart balloon print in a dress & skirt...& they retired both before ever sending them to me. However, Rita was able to find this skirt for me in perfect shape...LOVE! I've had it since last year, but it took having no GB at home to finally get worn. I wore it to the farmers' market with Kate in the morning with a coral sweater that Kate hated...I may have to throw it out. I like the chartreuse with it better...a much more fun option than black. 
Breakfast at Original Pancake House...poor Angie...this is where I always want to go for breakfast/lunch because no one else (David or Kate) will go with me. Spinach omelette with mushroom sauce, buttermilk pancakes, & hash browns with cheese...YUM. Then off to Z.Bella for their Kiyonna trunk show. They had a lot of pretty Kiyonna to ogle, but only one dress in my size. That is often the case there. I struggle with wanting to support a local business...especially one that carries lovely plus size clothing...but I feel left out when I go in there. I tried on 2 things & nearly bought this reversible jacket, but decided I'd only be buying it because it was the only thing there I could buy...& I didn't love it. Angie bought some comfy pants. 
Sephora was having their spring sale...& the store was packed like Christmas, which made it difficult to play...I was trying out Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche lipsticks & constantly getting bumped...when I noticed I had been pushed repeatedly into these open lipsticks...it was all over me...
We left...drove by Ulta...& decided it was too busy to go anywhere. Or maybe it was me...I hate crowds. 
On Monday I placed an online order with Sephora for foundation & went into Ulta to take advantage of their NYX buy 2, get 1 free sale...plus I had coupons. I adore NYX...it's as good as most high end brands for a fraction of the cost. And SO many fun colors!
Shoes! I found these shoes at a garage sale in my neighborhood on my way to the library 3 years ago...this was my first time wearing them. When I was out with Angie, I wore black shoes...but I changed into these when I got home. I would have worn them earlier, but I couldn't find them & was running late as usual. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Acidberry, Too Faced eyeshadow in Sin City, Bite Beauty lipstick in Blood Orange, NYX lipstick in Hippy Chic, In My Back Pocket nail polish from OPI, with Alys Dream Polish in Sweet Orange on top. 
Linking this to Visible Monday over on Not Dead Yet Style.

2 comments:

  1. Love love the vintage print on that skirt (sorry it got all lipstick-y!). It does look like lovely makeup you bought, though. Thanks for sharing, xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meshel -- thanks for the mention of z.bella. I hear what you're saying about feeling left out and I'm sorry. As plus size women we are used to feeling left out at most other clothing stores and I don't want you to feel like that here! On a business note, we have tried carrying a wider range of sizes here and there and it seems like the sizes that are left on the sale racks were at both ends of the spectrum (L/XL and 4X/5X). I'm not sure why those sizes sold slower than the other sizes (but that's a whole different discussion).

    Anyways -- Based on your measurements on your blog I think you and I are similar measurements. I am able to find a variety of things that fit at z.bella and I wondered if you might want to come in sometime and play dress up with me. I've found that in the brands we carry I can be anywhere from a 1X to a 4X because everything runs different.
    In fact, we use local models on our website and social media to show off the clothing and it would be super fun to do a photoshoot with you sometime! I love your style and I think we could have fun putting together some outfits that I might not think of. You could check out some brands that work for me and I'd love your feedback. Anyways -- just a thought. You can always reach me via email at shopzbella@gmail.com. We love your blog! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete