Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Summer Dress in Winter

 Dress: Sleeveless Fit & Flare Dress by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring & Bracelet: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to work, get a bang trim, & grocery shopping. I had this dress back in the summer & wore it twice because I loved it SO much. I should have bought it for $50 on Amazon when I had the chance as by the time it got back to me 6 months later...it was not as vibrant. This is a great year round dress as I think the scuba fabric transitions nicely to cooler months & there are endless combinations of color to pull out of the pattern for cardigans, tights, & shoes. I wish I had worn it one more time before sending it back. 
Time for a bang trim! It's been 4 months since I've had a haircut...however, I am enjoying the length over the winter.
Grocery shopping at the co-op. Not as satisfying as farmers' market, but nearly as friendly. I love vegetables...some of that rainbow chard came home with me. 
I have decided to do something new this year...each month I will pick out a cookbook & make meals from it. January's cookbook is Jerusalem. I actually made about a dozen recipes from it last April, but I never got around to posting about it. There will be a photo & recipe blog post about it this time for sure...once or twice a month.
My make-up with this outfit included...Voodoo eyeliner by Urban Decay, UD eyeshadow in Sin, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Love + & Poison Plum, Apricot lipstick by Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in Apple of My Eye. 

2 comments:

  1. You look so fantastic in spicy colours! This look reminds me of shots I've seen of spice markets. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! I do love the spicy autumn colors...they're the best!

      Delete