Monday, March 9, 2015

Pork Hocks & Queer Farmers

 Dress: Lace Printed Fit & Flare by London Times (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this cute fit & flare to a Catholic church for a pork hock dinner & again the next day to see a film about queer farmers. As always, LOVE this style of dress...it was made for me. The raised lace pattern on this was lovely, however, I did not care for how grey it read...the back of this fabric was tan, but tan & black mix to make grey, apparently, which isn't a great color for me. The fit & fabric were fabulous & the 24 was the right size for me. 
Super Boo & I went to the St. James annual sauerkraut & pork hock dinner to celebrate Toby's birthday. It was delicious. They've obviously been collecting pigs for this event for decades. Every table had a pig centerpiece & there were pigs all over the walls. The servers all wore frilly pink aprons (even the men). I appreciate an event that takes its theme seriously. All you can eat, $9...& polka music. 
The next day, Kate & I went to see a documentary about queer farmers on campus. Her GB dress was slightly too big on her.
I wasn't overly excited about this documentary, but the girlie wanted to go, it was free, & the filmmaker was in attendance. It ended up being awesome. The film was interesting & engaging...I love people's stories. And in addition to the filmmaker speaking, there was a panel of 4 local queer farmers (2 of which were some of our favorite market vendors) that answered questions & we learned about a nearby bed & breakfast & restaurant to check out. 
Kate holding the handout. 
Pops of purple make me happy!

2 comments: