Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Rasputina with Eliza Rickman

 Dress: Tiers of Joy Dress in Orchid by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Facebook resale group
Teggings: Re/Dress
Boots: Fluevog
Earring: etXarte
Pin: Vintage
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Kate & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I put this outfit on to go to Milwaukee with Kate to see Rasputina. I had this dress last fall from GB & also wore it to see some bands. I would have purchased it then if it hadn't come to me with several small holes in the sleeves. This is the perfect little black dress to throw on to go out at night to listen to live music. I wore it with black tights & metallic heels last time...this time I goth-ed it up a bit with Fluevog boots, which matched the 90s babydoll vibe this lace dress has. The only flaw in this frock is that it needs a pin to keep the surplice neckline closed. I may have to sew in a snap so I can wear a necklace next time. 
A few months ago I learned that GB sells their stock to liquidators, who in turn sell it dirt cheap. I paid $25 shipped for this lovely lace Kiyonna dress via one of the resale groups on Facebook. While this has been a great discovery, at first it seemed too good to be true. Some members of The Girls of GB noticed there were 2 women selling GB garments for low prices...much of which had never even shown up in the GB Shop. One of the women was using my photo to sell a dress...one thing lead to another & before too long several of us were calling these ladies out as thieves (to be fair, one of them lied at first & claimed to work at GB, as well as also using her dead grandmother's FB account to sell clothing) & reported them to GB. After much back & forth with a higher up at GB, in which she seemed to truly believe these women were stealing the clothing...she stated that she found out they were legitimately purchasing them through a liquidator in Ohio that GB sells stock to. Stock that is in great shape. It's a puzzle why they would do this...but now you know. There are bargains to be had & I've yet to buy anything from these women that wasn't in excellent condition. 
Pretty Kate in a Taylor Dresses dress from GB. Kate quote of the day: "From now on you need to call me Red Snapper."
Before the show we dined at an Italian restaurant down the street from the venue, The Pasta Tree. It seemed promising. The best part were the drinks...the girlie enjoyed her wine & I savored this Summer Bellini made with strawberry rhubarb syrup, St. Germain elderflower liqueur, & Prosecco. I may need to recreate this for Easter brunch next year. 
Eliza Rickman was a delightful opening act with a quirky musical style & a wonderful voice. She mentioned working & touring with Jason Webley, who has worked & toured with Amanda Palmer...the Six Degrees of AFP. 
Rasputina! I've always adored seeing them live, however, the last time we saw them in Milwaukee...I left disappointed. Not this time. Melora & her band were fantastically enchanting. I prefer to sit in the very front...so I can never quite fit everyone in one shot. After the show I bought Eliza Rickman's CD, while Kate purchased Rasputina's new disc...we both had to have a limited edition Wish You Were Here single that Melora had found some extras of hiding out at her house. 
My make-up this evening included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Cherry Cordial, Creme Brûlée, & Marzipan eyeshadows from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette; UD Stargazer eyeshadow; Nars lipstick in Cruella with Stargazer shadow dabbed on top; & OPI's An Affair in Red Square on my nails. 

2 comments: