Monday, September 21, 2015

Squirrels in the Woods

 Dress: Caron Dress in Chipmunk Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Sofft
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to work & see Othello with Super Boo & on another day for a Labor Day cookout at Angie & Toby's house. Everyone was going crazy for this dress on The Girls of GB...& I get it...it's a cute & quirky design...however, I'm just not that into squirrels (they call it a chipmunk dress, but those are clearly frolicking squirrels). This frock is made out of the same thick cotton t-shirt knit fabric all Effie's Heart dresses are manufactured from, which made it delightfully cool during the two hot days I wore it. I adored the fit & flare style, as well as the length of this dress. What I didn't care for were all the mismatched fancy add-ons to this casual dress...there is lace framing the neckline & sleeves, which has been dyed red...but seems pink in spots as if it didn't take evenly, then there is the jersey knit attached belt at the waist, which matches the tone of the dress...& finally...red tulle peeking out the hemline. None of these reds match each other, & the lace & tulle are a bit too fanciful for this everyday knit dress. Despite all those nitpicky complaints from me, I LOVED wearing this dress, it was happy-making!! I wish GB carried more garments like this that I have no desire to own...but are fun one time wears. 
Super Boo & I drove to Spring Green after work to see Othello at American Players Theatre. We had intended on picnicing there, however, since it was so hot & humid out...we ate our dinner in the cool a/c at work. I know it does not look very appetizing in the warm lighting of our office...but I covered these blanched veggies (including some zucchini noodles) with locally made spicy thai peanut butter (mixed with soy sauce & lemon juice)...sooo good! 
This was the best production of Othello we'd ever seen. Also, the boots were spectacular. I nabbed the 2 photos of the play in action online. 
Holiday cookout at Angie & Toby's place...Oscar & Penelope playing! Watching dogs play is the BEST. This soda was delightful, especially the Rhu-berry. Delicious food...everything made on the grill is better. Later, there was homemade ice-cream. All 5 boys got seriously into playing with Legos. 
If you enlarge this photo...you can better see the evil mosquito that was biting me & causing me to make this alluring face. 
I thought the squirrels called for a woodland photoshoot... 
My make-up included...NYX Deep Blue eyeliner; Mon Ennui Year of the Dragon eyeshadow; Urban Decay Sonic, Bobby Dazzle, & Last Sin eyeshadows; a mixture of UD F-Bomb & Nars Cruella lipsticks; & OPI's Little Red Wagon on my nails. 

4 comments:

  1. I actually like the red frills, but how frustrating that they don't match and didn't dye evenly. That would drive me "nuts". Bahahaha! I do love these quirky animal prints that look like any old print from a distance. But up close they're something whimsical and special!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love whimsy & always get excited when GB carries something like this. Effie's Heart puts out some cute & comfortable dresses with fun themes.

      Delete
  2. I think this dress looks fantastic on you! I agree about chipmunks/squirrels - cute style, but not my thing. I hope GB puts out others from Effie's Heart like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! <3 The Effie's Heart hot air balloons dress & skirt have been my favorite print from them...so far. I want more.

      Delete