Monday, September 28, 2015

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy...

 Top: Wanderlust Wrap Cold Shoulder Top by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Skirt: Enwrapture Vintage Silk Sari
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble for 2 days on the weekend a few weeks ago. On Saturday we went to 2 farmers' markets, a few garage sales, an estate sale, & several other errands. On Sunday this outfit accompanied me to a farmers' market that was also having a craft show. This top is fabulous!!! I would have never sent it back if it hadn't come to me quite worn out. The print is amazing...like leopard on fire! The stay put wrap top was ideal...& I adore a cold shoulder sleeve...so sexy. I'll be on the look out for this top in a 3 or 4x. Also, it was pleasing to pattern mix with any number of vintage silk sari skirts in my collection. 
Earlier in the summer, I attended my favorite garage sale of the year...on this weekend, they were having a 50% off sale. One of these treasures will be a gift for someone else...which of these things does not belong?
An estate sale...estate sales are always so sad...a person's every room filled to the brim with the stuff they left behind...this lady had some amazing possessions. I madly coveted this Limoges porcelain bowl & plate...gorgeous! But even though everything was 50% off on this day...$150 was a bit too steep for me. Isn't it lovely though??

I was smitten with these 2 lamps at another garage sale...I love upcycled items. Penzey's Spices! It's a gourmet meal for your nose...so many smells to sniff. 
There is a Pier 1 Imports next to Penzey's, so I decided to wander in. I used to be in there weekly with Shane...now it's been several years. So much pretty! Of course, since they are stocked for my favorite season, autumn. I really wanted that elephant. Elephants & pigs are my spirit animals. 
There was a craft show going on during Sunday's market...the only booth of note was the talented lady above. I can't find her card on my messy desk, but she sells at Madison Craft & Gift Shop, which I need to check out sometime soon. She paints lovely images on old window frames, as well as wine glasses, plates, & other glass objects. Stunning! The Monona market always has good bands & the gentleman playing on this day was a bit honky tonk...he got this song stuck in my head...God is great, beer is good, people are crazy...
Pictured above is my haul from the estate sale...& in the background you can glimpse a bit of a London Times maxi dress I bought from one of the girls on The Girls of GB. It was one of my unicorns that got retired & was never sent to me. It is fantastic! 
My makeup with this outfit included...Black Velvet eyeliner by Urban Decay, layered with Brown eyeliner by Sephora; Flamepoint, Poison Plum, & Love + eyeshadows from the Sugarpill Burning Heart palette; & Blood Orange by Bite Beauty, mixed with MAC Korean Candy on my lips. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh la la, I'm loving the makeup, like spicy pumpkin! The top is lovely too, especially with the sneak peek of cleavage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! I'm on the hunt to find this top to buy :)

      Delete