Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Brian Comes to Visit!!

 Dress: Scuba Dress in Painted Floral by Karen Kane (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Made by Me
Bracelet: Allie's Adornments
Photography: Kate & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to hang out with Brian & Neil. GB sent this dress to me by mistake...it was not in my closet, however, at least it was my size. I wasn't going to wear it, but after trying it on...decided it was not the worst thing I'd ever worn. It actually was a fabulous fit & style...it's just that the colors (peach, white, & baby blue) were not quite me. It looked spectacular on Kate with her tan. So, great dress if you are a fan of the pattern & hues. 
I saw the girlie only briefly for her to take pictures of me...but...ROWR! Even more adorable than normal...
Super Boo went to visit family in California for a week & Brian came to visit me! Our friend Neil picked him up on his way home from visiting his family in the U.P. The plan was that Brian was going to stay with me...however, Neil's Shih Tzu's did not aggravate Brian's allergies the way our dogs do...so he ended up sleeping there. Hugo & Clementine...so cute! Brian & Neil...so cute! We sat around, drank wine, & talked outside...then ordered Chinese. My fortune did not make sense. 
I met Brian when I was 20 & Neil when I was 19...both in Marquette...but after I had already moved to Madison. I didn't like either of them at first...but that had more to do with circumstances than who they were. I met Neil while he was dating my friend Michael, who told me, "whatever you do, don't say penis around Neil." So of course I worked it in every chance I got. I met Brian while he was dating Neil...& Neil was still living with Michael (they had broken up). I was in Marquette visiting Shane & we stood in the corner of their apartment while I glared at them (I thought it was rude that they were snuggling on the couch in front of Michael). I saw Brian at parties when I was in Marquette the next few years, but it wasn't until I was 22 & he stayed at our apartment in Madison (when I was living with Shane & Michael) for weeks at a time while he was looking for a job here & getting ready to move...that we became best friends. 
My make-up this day included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, Sephora eyeshadows in peach & pink that I mixed together & light blue(not named), OCC Electric Grandma on my lips, & Give Me Moor! by OPI on my nails. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute dress and Kate looks fierce too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, Kate is always looking fierce.

      Delete