Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Haley Bonar


Dress: Faux Wrap Dress in Petal Print by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Pin & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this gorgeous dress to see a concert at The Shitty Barn with Super Boo, Kate, Angie, & Toby. I LOVED this dress! The splendid watercolor print & bountiful colors...stunning. It's impossible to tell from these photos, but there is a lining that stops around the knees as the bottom is a sheer chiffon fabric. The top of this dress is a stretchy polyester. I was so enamored with this fabulous frock, I managed to block out the flaws...of which, to me, there were two. First of all, I had no choice but to wear a pin to keep the neckline closed (fashion tape was not strong enough) & also, as the belt was attached at the sides, I was not able to tie this under my bust where I would have preferred, but was forced to tie at my natural waist. However, I felt so gloriously feminine & pretty in this dress...those things barely mattered. And look at how the skirt flows in the wind! 
The girlie wearing Karen Kane from GB...the peachy color looked marvelous against her tanned skin. 
2 girlies by the Airstream...there was no one photo where we both looked good...so I picked a silly one instead...I adore Kate's laugh. 

Kate took this adorable picture of Super Boo & I...
As well as one which captures what we are more often like...
The people with the Airstream were traveling around the country from Austin with their cute old dog, selling clothing & other things they made. 
Despite having a cello *and* a violin...I was not in love with the first band, We Are The Willows. I was, however, madly in love with the dessert I got between sets...Marsala wine gelato! with blueberry oat topping *swoon*. I had not eaten dinner there as S. Boo & I had gone to Indian buffet for lunch, but I am most grateful that I had this dessert. 
Haley Bonar! She was mesmerizing...really wonderful & such an adorable 60s haircut. "Wondrously ornate pop" ~NPR Music. 
This ridiculous photo is to model the different purple polishes I had on each hand (I preferred the one on the left). 
My make-up this day included...Stila's Purple Tang eyeliner; Jilted, Urban, & Fringe eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Electric palette; Bite Beauty lipstick in Burgundy; & the OPI polishes, OPI INK. & Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs. 

6 comments:

  1. OMG!! What a great dress!! I can see why you love it. I adore your hair as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne! I ended up buying this dress for $40 from Ideel. I LOVE it!!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this dress, it's absolutely stunning. Your make up is truly swoon-worthy too! Those candid shots are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! I suspected the reason it looked off on me was that I lack the hips to fill out the skirt. :-/ I wish I had half a clue how to do make-up like you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooke! I play around with make-up a LOT! There are so many youtube channels that do tutorials that you can watch...and my favorite...Sephora! They do free group makeup classes & you can also make an appointment to get your make-up done (free with a $50 purchase).

      Delete