Sunday, August 9, 2015

Ms. Pac-Man Fever

 Dress: Sweetheart Dress in Bright Abstract by Leota (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this not-quite-neon dress to a birthday party at an arcade on a 90 degree, 90% humidity day, so if I look like I'm melting...I was. Pac-Man & I match! I knew this was the perfect outfit to wear to an arcade...it reminded me of the 80s when annoying classmates used to call me Rainbow Brite. If it truly was a summer in the 80s, I would have been wearing fishnets or lace stockings...I wore those nearly every day. This Leota dress was great fun to wear, my only complaint is...too short. I wore this same style back in May in pink python. I adore a sweetheart neckline & of course, the faux wrap fit & flare style. 
The birthday party was for Kate's beau, Jason. There was pizza & temporary tattoos...then...video games!! I've wanted to visit this arcade for years...& I was thrilled to be able to go with Super Boo. It was fun watching him play the games of his youth...& I was giddy to be reunited with Ms. Pac-Man, which had been my game back in the day. My dad owned an arcade when I was in middle school for a few years so I would often hang out there, but where I really got good at Ms. Pac-Man was the hours I spent playing the table top version in the bar area at my parent's restaurant...then later at home in our basement. Super Boo played Asteroids...then we played some 2 player games of Ms. Pac-Man.
Jason playing BurgerTime while Kate looks on...then Super Boo & Kate playing Joust. 
My 80s inspired make-up included...all the eyeshadow colors, NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, & Crush lipstick from Urban Decay. 


2 comments:

  1. I wish we had GB here! I would have snapped up that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leota is often offered on Ideel, or other discount websites for fairly cheap...I find a lot of good deals by googling around. It was a fun dress!

      Delete