Friday, September 18, 2015

Lazy Days of Summer

 Dress: Fit & Flare Dress in Coral Bliss by Lands' End (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee Shop
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: ?, thrifted
Necklace & Earring: Made by Me
Swimsuit: Beach Belle, gift from SB
Swimsuit Cover-Up: Enwrapture Vintage Silk Sari
Hat: Kohl's
Photography: Brian, Neil, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
These 2 outfits are pretty much what I wore the rest of Brian's visit.  I normally don't bother photographing my lazy laying around looks...but I've been wanting to do a swimsuit post anyway. A real swimsuit post...one where I'm not wearing make-up or high heels...who goes to the pool looking like that? Not me. This Lands' End dress is so easy to throw on...I've worn it about a dozen times this summer. Their dresses are well made & it's nice to wear a breathable cotton dress on hot days. Also, a great fit & color. This swimsuit was a gift from Super Boo at least a year ago. The fit is perfect, I just wish I could find a swimsuit with good boob support. 
There were no photos of me without my mouth open. About 80% of pictures of me either have my mouth open or my tongue hanging out...sometimes both. 
Saturday evening...fire! Toby took an ax to some large logs from our spider infested garage. We made grilled cheese & hot dogs over the flames...why does that make everything taste SO much better?? Kate's completed Ginger Dragon tattoo. Brian roasting a delicious homemade marshmallow that Angie brought (she also made graham crackers that were amazing). The real hit of the evening is not pictured...everyone trying out Super Boo's massage chair. Toby kept saying he could get out at any time...but he was in there for an hour. Also, Angie & Toby got engaged!! 
I made brunch for Brian on Sunday...we drooled over everything at Batch before picking out some delectable morsels. We also dined on eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, asparagus with hollandaise, crispy roasted potatoes with garlic & rosemary, raspberries, & fresh squeezed orange juice. That night I brought take-out from Lao Laan Xang over to Neil's & we watched movies on Netflix...a fairly terrible movie that Neil picked, Kaboom & a much better film (that I picked), Beginners. On Monday Neil played violin & cello for us while the dinner I made us was cooking... Slow Roasted Salmon with Fennel & Citrus, green beans, & baked potato. I make this salmon recipe nearly every week because we love it so much. However, you need to sauté the fennel in a pan first before cooking it in the oven...otherwise, crispy fennel. After dinner...another Netflix movie that I really wanted to love, Blue Is The Warmest Color
Tuesday & Wednesday...more food (grilled cheese with spinach & tomatoes, cupcakes, & Chinese takeout) & Netflix (The One I Love, don't bother). But mostly...the pool! Had we known how spectacular it was...we would have done nothing else for a week. It was luxurious...Brian & I had the place to ourselves all day...then Neil & Rachel would come down after work with wine. It was perfect. Brian, Me, Rachel, & Neil in the hot tub. I could live in water. 
My Urban Decay order...Roach eyeliner, a back-up of Retrograde eyeliner, a fill your own palette, & Fireball eyeshadow. The rest was free...another fill your own palette (with a free eyeshadow), Velvet eyeliner, mascara, & lipstick. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the first outfit - the orange and green reminds me of a flower. Lovely! Almost all of my candids have me with my mouth open, tongue out or grabbing my boobs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah! It would be one thing if it were candids...but I have my mouth open and/or tongue out in 1/2 the photos I'm trying to look nice in!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha. I feel you. I have this slack jawed 'Are you taking a shot or not?!' face in half my photos. The other day I took 51 photos and scrapped all but 3. I was meant to be a court jester, I'm sure. :D

      Delete