Wednesday, September 23, 2015

City Chic Sale

 Dress: Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress with Black Insets by London Times (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your 1st month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Chain Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to work on a short day. It was not my favorite dress. Had I gotten this in cooler weather, I could have added a cardigan & I believe that would have solved the problem. It needed a belt...or something to give it shape around the waist. Color would have been nice too. This is a substantial dress...the fabric is thicker & it is lined...perfect for fall, but not a humid summer day. The pattern of this dress reminded me of crocheted vintage doilies, romantic & sweet. As always with London Times, I sized down one because they run big. 
It occurred to me that I buy clothing all the time...but if it doesn't come from a thrift store or garage sale...it gets no mention here. A bit silly, isn't it? Considering this is a fashion blog. One of the reasons is because I don't have anywhere I can hang clothing to take photos of it...but also, because I figure I will feature it here once I get around to wearing it. But that could takes ages...so I will try to remember to share when I get pretty packages in the post. 
I bought these 3 dresses a month or so ago when City Chic was having a 50% off sale items sale. City Chic has fabulous sales. If it's not at least 1/2 off...don't buy it...wait...& it will be. GB is now carrying the dress on the left, but not in my size, so I am happy I picked it up for $30. The dress on the right was only $20! If I can find a black sequined shrug, I may wear that for NYE. 
I grabbed these photos from City Chic so you could better see what they look like. 
My make-up this day included...Brown eyeliner by Sephora, Urban Decay Naked palette eyeshadows, Cruella lipstick by Nars, & Little Red Wagon by OPI on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment