Monday, June 28, 2021

22nd Girlieversary

Dress: Emeline Pleated Midi Dress by Anthropologie (size 3x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $10 off)
Sandals: Born
Jewelry: Colleen Toland, present from Super Boo
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
I wasn't expecting to love this dress as much as I did. I just adore exposed shoulders...not sure why, I just find it sexy. This dress was a disaster up top...I had to take in several inches & pin both sides in place to be able to wear this dress. I guess what I'm saying is, this dress was too big on me & I would have fit a size 2x better. However, I still think dress makers expect me to be bigger up top than I actually am...but I might have had to take in less? Anyway...all worth it because I felt beautiful in this dress & that is always a good thing. 
I'm not normally a fan of the belts that come with dresses & rarely (never?) wear them...but I liked this delicately braided matching fabric belt...it felt a bit Greek Goddess to me. 
Kate said my jewelry looked like fairy jewelry to her, especially my bracelet. David bought me this set, & honestly...I would have never picked these pastel colors for myself...but this is already my second wearing of it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Cotton Candy, Totally Fetch, & Sprinkles eyeshadow from Too Faced; Self Kelp eyeshadow by Mon Ennui; Big Bang lipliner & lipstick by UD; & OPI nail polish in Can't Hear Myself Pink!
What?! Dining in a restaurant with my girlie! Celebrating 22 years of friendship with a glass of sparkling rosé at Tempest. We were here 2 years ago on our 20th girlieversary. 
It was so weird being out at a restaurant after all this time...I forgot how to order oysters or behave (I have never been good at that one). The oysters were marvelous (I prefer the brinier East coast ones vs the sweeter West coast). Kate had a delicious humungous seaweed slaw/salad that I "helped" her by eating 1/2 of. 
I always forget to ask them to skip all the condiments...I like my oysters with a squirt of lemon & nothing else. Kate had...swordfish? And I had halibut? I forgot to take a photo of the menu, so I can't remember (out of practice). Kate's was better. I had a completely lovely magical evening out with my girlie...having over a year off from normal life really makes you appreciate it so much more. 
I came home from my fabulous evening to this duochrome purple/blue water bottle that I'd been wanting. And then I watched a bit of DJ Baby Berlin spinning tunes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment