Monday, June 21, 2021

The Mountain Top

Dress: Paisley Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 24) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $10 off)
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former Etsy shop, gift from Kate 
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 50-47-68
I was in LOVE with this dress...black background with paisley print maxi dress?! Oh, yes. The fit & length were great. I have nothing negative to say about this beauty.
I end up wearing a lot of dresses that aren't really "me"...either because I'm renting them & want to try something new...or I bought it thinking I liked it more than I actually end up doing. I'm not sure what to do about that. I mean...once upon a time I wore mostly black. I like to explore & experiment with fashion...but sometimes that means I don't LOVE an outfit. Is that alright? I guess it is, because the alternative is getting stuck in a rut. 
The beads at the end of this earring kept getting caught in the metal flowers. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette, Sephora eyeshadow in Chrome No 4, Pumpkin lipliner by NYX, Gothica lipstick from Kat von D, & OPI nail polish in Deutsch You Want Me Baby? 
Our little Final Fire Japanese Maple...so cute! I got all glammed up Memorial weekend & the following week to spray paint outdoor furniture. I got sunburned through my shirt! Listening to UnderCovered bands covering New Order while I painted. 
Spread out on tarps...various metal chairs & tables getting some color. I took 2 trips out to restock some spray paint I needed...apparently there is a shortage & both places were out of the colors I wanted. I was able to order most of them online. However, Rustoleum has discontinued Army Green...I adore that color. 
We picked up this adorable butterfly bench at Deconstruction, Inc a few years ago & it's been sitting on our front patio painted the original light yellow (boring)...but, not anymore...just in time for Pride month...

David & I went to see our first indoor show of the season at APT, The Mountain Top. It was a lovely day...we brought a snack of charcuterie, cheese, & nuts...& shared this tasty bottle of Michigan sparkling wine
We sat on a bench outside the theatre as all the picnic tables below were taken (that were possible for me to get to with my terrible knee)...gorgeous view & we were the only people there. The best meal EVER at Angie's! I know...it's just burgers, right?! But David made them on their new charcoal grill & he got the cook *just* right (slightly more than rare for me, but not taken quite as far as medium rare). Also, Angie bought some good meat from a random guy on FB Marketplace that raises cows. We wrapped those patties in CSA lettuce, served with a side of dux celles (shiitake, shallots, butter, wine) that David made, grilled asparagus, & a glass of wine...perfection. I say this every time...but it is so fun to watch David & Freddie together. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment