Sunday, December 22, 2019

Summer in Winter

 Dress: Leaf Print Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Tights: We Love Colors in Yellow
Shoes: Dansko
Earring: eBay 
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had been looking forward to getting this lovely cotton dress back in the summer...but it came in winter instead...so I attempted to make it appropriate for cold weather. It was not my favorite...some dresses just need to be worn in season. The fit was spot on, with the exception of overly large armholes. Super wrinkly & light weight. 
Standing in a pile of leaves because we don't have any snow on the ground. Yet. Yay!
As pretty as this cardigan is, it didn't really go with this dress...I guess I didn't try too hard.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss, Gilt Trip eyeshadow from Morphe, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, Santa Sangre lipstick by Kat von D, NYX Glitter Goals lipstick in Crystal Crush, & Gimme a Lido Kiss nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this dress to work & to run a few errands before sending it back to GB. David got me four pretty bras...a black one to replace one he bought me years ago that needs to be retired, another black one with criss-cross straps in front to peak out from under clothing, a floral pattern, & red lace. I get all my bras from Melissa at Whisper Intimate Apparel...she is the bra whisperer & can size you without even meeting you. Dinner with adorable Freddie & Angie. Angie made delicious ginger meatballs that I can't stop thinking about. I need to jot down the recipe before I forget. 
Most of my Black Friday purchases worked out...sadly, these ASOS velvet dresses had to be returned. They were HUGE on top & tight on the bottom...but this color! 
A few little things from Ulta...because I can't just let a sale go by without me. Notice the Ulta nail polish remover. I wanted to run into the beauty supply to get some OPI polish remover, but my knee was hurting me so badly on this day...that I just couldn't imagine another errand. David bought me a cane & I've been using it because it helps some. Just four more days until my appointment with the knee doc to find out what can be done. David & I also visited Deconstruction Inc. & had Indian buffet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment