Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Sasha Velour: Smoke & Mirrors

 Dress: Sequin Leopard Slip Dress by Eloquii (size 28)
Velvet Burnout Shawl: Target
Velvet Leggings: Avenue (size 28)
Boots: Dr. Martens
All Jewelry: Vintage Robert Demario 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
When you throw an outfit together without looking in the mirror...this is what you get. I thought I looked pretty good...I got a lot of compliments at the show. But then I saw these photos. I had to wear leggings as this dress was tight & short on me & tended to ride up...but I did not realize how baggy they were...that coupled with these amazing glitter Doc Martens that did not lace up tightly...sloppy. Boo. Next time I would try a different pair of velvet leggings & make more of an effort to lace the boots closed.
But...at least I was sparkly...gotta be shiny at a drag show...& we were going to see Sasha Velour!
This dress has enormous armhole openings...it is ridiculous...so, obviously, I needed to wear something on top. This velvet burnout wrap I bought for $11 on sale at Target was the greatest find. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, UD eyeshadow in Blackheart, Asylum eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics, Stardust glitter by Girl Cosmetics, NYX glitter in Red, Russian Red lipstick by MAC, & Ruby Pumps nail polish from China Glaze over a burgundy polish. 
Getting ready...before lipstick...
David & I adore Sasha Velour...we were so excited to see her one woman show. 
So excited we took lots of bad photos of ourselves...David's shirt matched the wallpaper...
We had fantastic seats...4th row, which was the first row that wasn't VIP tickets. Neither David nor I really want to meet the famous people we enjoy...better not to really. 
No photos were allowed during the show...& I respected that as I admire Sasha Velour, so I found these pictures of the show online. 
Sasha was amazing...she is so incredibly intelligent & creative...she put on a marvelous show that we are still talking about. And it introduced David to Shirley Bassey.

No comments:

Post a Comment