Monday, November 2, 2015

Saturday Lone Adventuring

Top: Perfect Pullover Bellini by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Dress: Enwrapture Vintage Silk Sari
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Clarks
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet:Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to spend a Saturday adventuring alone & to work on another day. I often wear my collection of vintage silk saris here as skirts...but rarely as a dress. This "top" needed something underneath it & this skirt was right there...I was just intending to throw this on to run to farmers' market, but I ended up loving this outfit. This Kiyonna Bellini was fabulous...if you think of it as a cardigan...this would require quite a bit of pinning to wear on its own. Gorgeous color, love the twisted knot at the waist, & sparkles! I adore this orange, purple, & red combination!
A local business, Mother Fool's Coffeehouse, has been doing this graffiti mural project for nearly 15 years, this wall changes every few weeks as a different artist takes their turn. We don't often use it as a backdrop as graffiti isn't really my thing...but these colors were just too marvelous...we had to use it twice. Also, notice we had an onlooker in the first shot. 
I went to two markets...look how gorgeous the capitol looked in the fall sunshine...gathering scrumptious vegetables & other food for the week. Then I decided (after ~5 years following them on Facebook) to check out the monthly Confectionique, a French-inspired vintage craft market. What better time than the month of Halloween?? 
After feasting my eyes on so many lovelies...I braved Nordstrom Rack because I'd heard they had the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette there for only $20! I don't even want that palette...so I wasn't overly disappointed when ours did not have it in stock. However, they did have this lovely collection from Stila & several clearance dresses that caught my eye...since I was shopping alone, I asked The Girls of GB which of the two I should get...the orange dress or the palette? In the end...I bought both, but the dress went to one of the girls in the group. Also, I fell in love with these leopard wedges from Cole Haan, but for $120...I'll stalk them on eBay until I find a better price. 
Pad Thai with tofu & a Wisco Cherry Pop for takeout lunch at home. 
My treasures from Confectionique...a rusted metal thingamabob, some rusted fleur-de-lis, skeleton keys, & a vintage purse. 
 In the mail that day...2 fabulous new earrings from Teri of etXarte. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Voodoo, Stila eyeshadow in Glance, Orange eyeshadow from MUFE, a mixture of Blood Orange lipstick from Bite Beauty & MAC's Korean Candy, & Orange You Going to the Game? from OPI on my nails. 

1 comment:

  1. Purple and orange together is just fabulous and reminds me of Halloween! This outfit rocks. I need to wear something in purple and orange. :) I love your kitty onlooker too.

    ReplyDelete