Friday, November 27, 2015

A Fall Weekend

 Dress: Fit & Flare Dress in Ruby Red by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Lands' End (size 3x)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Dr. Marten
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit the whole weekend (Saturday & Sunday)...without make-up on Saturday & with on Sunday. The red of this dress...wow! And the textured pattern...swoon. The length & flare...perfection. The dislikes: the top of the dress is too big, the neckline gaped & didn't want to lay flat, the humongous exposed unnecessary zipper in back (die, trend, die!) bunched up & gave me a hunchback look (mainly because the dress was so large up top). I LOVE red & leopard print together...& since the cardigan hid most of the flaws of this dress...it was a delight to wear this fun outfit. 
It was a gorgeous fall day for the last of the outdoor farmers' markets (I shopped downtown & west side on this day). Willy Street Co-op was having a squash tasting...yum, squash is delicious...I especially adore delicata & butternut...& I was just popping in to buy some fish. Indian buffet! If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life...it would be this...they use all the best spices (cardamom, ginger, curry). 
Weeks & weeks ago I posted a picture of this precious Day of the Dead bride & groom at Pier 1...I had been meaning to stop by since the day after Halloween to see if they went on sale...but I procrastinated an entire week...& it paid off...because they were still there & 75% off! I got the pair for only $5 & change each. Surprise mail day! David bought me 9 pairs of teggings during Re/Dress's final sale ever on teggings...they sold them to a major distributor & will have a set price going forward. I love surprise mail! 
Then we got to meet Angie & Toby's new foster dog, Val/Carla. She is adorable! (spoiler alert: I have since fallen madly in love with her during Thanksgiving dinner, but we probably don't need 3 dogs). As long as we were dog greeting...I brought over snacks from market that I bought from Underground Meats...Wisco Brandy Old Fashioned Salami & their cheese crackers that are the best version EVER of Cheez-Its...& the obvious accompaniment...Angie made us Brandy Old Fashioned cocktails. 
Savers 50% off sale haul...I scored 4 cardigans & a pair of shoes. David got a bunch of stuff...but I picked out those 2 floral shirts for him...one in light blue, the other dark blue. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Love + eyeshadow by Sugarpill, Too Faced eyeshadows in Créme Brûlée & Champagne Truffle, NYX Simply Red lipstick in Russian Roulette, & OPI nail polish in You Make Me Vroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment