Monday, November 1, 2021

Surprise Supper at Sal's at Sunset

Dress: Museum Gala Gown by ML Monique Lhuilier (size 20) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $20 off)
Sandals: Born
Earring: Kerala Rose
Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
Goddess dress...shoulders exposed...gorgeous. Another $700 dress rental from Nuuly. This is actually a dress I would buy as I felt beautiful in it...& going forward, I only want to buy dresses that make me feel that way. This brand runs a bit small, so I always need to go up a size. Otherwise, the fit was perfect. The only negative for me was the length...this dress is long. I was wearing a few inch heels here & I still had to gather it up in order to walk. I should have people for that. 
Soooo much fabric...it was luxurious. 
I let the neckline be my necklace...that was difficult for me...you know how I love my jewelry. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Goddess, Fran eyeshadow by Kat von D, Lime Crime eyeshadow in Candles, Barry M Dazzle Dust in pink, Mood lipliner by Becca, NYX Cosmetics lipstick in Fusion Fuchsia, & I'm From The Fuchsia nail polish from Morgan Taylor.
Me & David...awwwww...the sun was setting & it was a lovely September evening.
I was planning on wearing this dress to The Shitty Barn *hahaha*...trying to take over dressed to a new level, however, it was too much effort to walk in it...so we had an impromptu dinner out instead. I started out the evening with what we've decided is currently the best cocktail in town, Divide & Concord (Concord grape & thyme syrup, Rokker Vodka, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Clockwork Orange, Lemon, Lime, Simple Syrup). David had a good, but inferior drink...The Noteworthy Peach (Noteworthy bourbon, Ardbeg 10 year scotch (very smokey!), pineapple puree, white peppercorn simple syrup, lemon). I began my meal with chicken wings...I am not a chicken wing person, but I had these to-go last year & I remember loving them, even if they didn't travel well. These wings are spectacular! They are covered in Alabama white BBQ sauce & served on a bed of kimchi. David had to have a pizza, it is Sal's after all & he loves pizza. I also had a smash burger, which was extremely over seasoned. 2 beef patties, Havarti Horseradish cheese, bacon, caramelized onions, pickles, tomato remoulade, brioche bun. We had a delightful evening out...& it was so nice to do something unexpected. Some new Wendy creations just for meeeee. I adore them. I had an appointment with Dr. Endo, who lists vasculitis as one of his specialties. Since I had a flare-up, I wanted to know what the plan was going forward...because I don't want to have to go on prednisone every time (*crosses fingers there won't be another time*). He was amazing. I wish I could see him for everything. He was knowledgable, confident, & openminded. Like you wish all doctors would be. He gave me a prescription for a topical steroid (which cleared it up in days) & told me the other options in line. I hope I never have to see him again for this, but it was a fantastic experience & I'm grateful to know he is there if I need him. The rest of these photos should have gone with my last post...the boring blue dress...but I forgot I had worn it again. I drove to Milwaukee to have eyebrow replacement surgery. They dug out hair from my head & implanted it in my brows...does that sound painful? It was. I won't know the results until at least 6 months from now. All the hair will fall out, & then (hopefully) grow back. I just want to be able to be a normal person with eyebrows when I go out without makeup on. Tattooing doesn't last for more than a few years & it's so harsh...I just want something soft & natural. The next day...I went to the co-op...I believe this is my first time in a grocery store since 2019. David flew out to see his parents on this day & my mom was visiting me for a long weekend. I was only just starting to be able to walk around on my own...so I wanted to make her something simple after picking her up from the airport. RPs cheese stuffed ravioli with pesto from Italy (it was the best thing ever) & baguette from Batch. And wine. After dinner, we played cards. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment