Thursday, November 11, 2021

Outside at Heritage Tavern

Dress: Alice Dress in Pink Chipper by Cherry Velvet (size 3x)
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Fluevog
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
Another long languishing in my closet frock from Cherry Velvet. Again, I waited too long to wear this one, but SO cute. There are *pink* chipmunks in this Tula Pink fabric. I'll get this one altered for sure. I adore CV dresses...perfection. 
And...a chance to wear some of my Fluevogs...this dress deserved fun shoes.
My first time wearing this necklace & earring from wonderful Wendy...the colors in this one are stunning...she is SO good with color combinations. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Love Drug; Cloud, Frosting, & Rose Burst eyeshadow by Lime Crime; NYX lipliner in Orange County; Dozen Carnations lipstick from MAC; Mimosa lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Aren't You Going to The Game?
I wore this adorable outfit to eat outside with David at our favorite restaurant, Heritage Tavern. I began the evening predictably with a Love Drunk Punch (Gin, Aperol, Framboise, lime & grapefruit juices, rosemary, Cava). 
And David started with a Tepache Rum Punch (pineapple-infused Rum, honey syrup, lime juice, Angostura bitters, House Tepache). 
Also a predicable first course...delightfully delicious deviled eggs...I just LOVE these things.
This was a special of the day: short rib miitake toast with ground cherry marmalade, horseradish white wine cream sauce, pine nuts, fresh herbs, & pickled ground cherries. 
Next up...Heritage Pork Schnitzel- bacon braised red cabbage, sour cream spaetzle, sauce Robert, & pickled aronia berries. 
And finally...Crispy Pork Belly & Tuna with Foie Gras- Heritage pork belly, sashimi tuna, pickled mango, pineapple-mango compote, & macadamia nut miso. 
David ordered a second drink that he didn't care for & our lovely waitress took it away & brought him another one... a Bourbon Cure-All (Four Roses Bourbon, Averna amaro, lemon juice, & ginger beer).  Everyone is always SO nice there. We were especially fond of Austin, the Maitre'd, who always came to talk to us...usually several times. This visit was the last time we saw him as he has since passed away. I knew Austin back in the 90s as he was friends with one of my nail clients & he'd come to me for manicures. It had been lovely reconnecting with him here at Heritage & I'll miss his beautiful smile, warm conversation, & contagious laughter. On this visit, he complimented us on our shoes & wrote down the brand so he could look them up. RIP Austin...I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for those closest to you...you filled up a room like few people can do. David & I met here since he came from work & we both showed up wearing Fluevogs, unplanned. His are fancier than mine though. 
I also wore this dress to go shooting at the gun range. I know, you wouldn't expect that of me...but I grew up shooting guns & I think it's fun. 
The pop machine at this place cracks me up...we SO do not fit in with the people who hang out here...but they bring their dogs to work, so how bad can they be? I also finally went to the DMV to get the spelling of my name changed. I actually liked the photo they took of me...but I didn't know that when she asked me if I'd like to renew my license (it's due next May), so I said, no...I'm going to hate the photo...& then, I didn't. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment