Monday, November 8, 2021

Pokey LaFarge

Dress: Tiered Tulle Maxi Dress by Anthropologie (size 2x) via Nuuly (We both get $10 off if you use my link)
Shoes: Mossimo, thrifted 
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
Gorgeous orange dress...they call it red, but it's clearly the color of fun. Underlayer of red/orange/white flowers peeks prettily through the mesh of the tulle. Great maxi length on me & the ruched top made the fit just right. My only complaints were it was too big on me & the straps were particularly long & fell down all night long. 
Wearing sequined black flats that didn't poke out often.
My first wearing of Wendy's stunning black floral necklace & matching earring...you can't tell here, but it's both shiny & matte. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Sin City, #selfie, & Pink Pearl eyeshadow by Too Faced; NYX lipliner in Orange County; UD lipstick in No-Tell Motel & Bang; & DS Luxurious nail polish from OPI. 
What?! More new Wendy necklaces (that she made matching single earrings for just for me)...these came while I was in the U.P. visiting Brian...what a lovely package to come home to!
I wore this dress to see Pokey LaFarge at The Majestic with Kate & Jason. But first, I had a meltdown. I had gotten a new iPhone a while back, but my new case hadn't arrived yet. So, I'd been carrying my new phone & old case separately...& I had forgotten the case at home. With my drivers license & any ID I had. So, I was able to show my vaccination card, but no proof of who I am...& I don't come up on the registry. Luckily, one of the women in charge took pity on me & didn't make me go all the way home to prove I'm me. The girlie got us opera box seats! It was a fabulous view AND we didn't have to sit next to anyone or be bumped by drunk people. It was perfect. 
The Majestic was such a pretty old theatre...I've seen many movies here...& now, many live shows. I'm just glad they are using it for something & that it retains some of the original details. An usie.
Kate & Jason...their cuteness shines through the masks. The opener, Esther Rose. 
The place was packed & we were so happy not to be in that crowd...box seats are the way to go from now on. Pokey! Looking dapper, as always. He sounded amazing & put on a great show. However, he had his girlfriend come out for some songs they wrote together...& I don't think he's found his muse. 
Encore! Me walking back to my car after the show...still exciting to be able to walk. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment