Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Mom Visit // 3rd Birthday Party

Dress: Wild Tulip Deja Blue Zoe Dress by Leota (size 1x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag
Shoes: Mossimo, thrifted
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
I adore these Zoe dresses from Leota...so flattering & well fitting on me. This is the same style of dress as the red stripey one from my last post...but a much more conservative print. 
It's the wrong time of year for tulips...but I put myself in a garden anyway. 
My first blog post with my hair cut & color by Brian. Also, these photos were taken on October 16th, right before going to Freddie's birthday party...& my eyebrows are healed. About 1/2 the hair has fallen out & more falls out every day...which is what is supposed to happen...then it will grow back. I am wearing brow powder here to fill them in. I was worried about the shape...but this is the best my eyebrows have ever looked. I'm eyebrow obsessed. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire, To & Don't Know Her eyeshadow from Morphe x Jeffree Star palette, Mood lipliner by Becca, Santorini lipstick from Ofra, Bite Beauty lipstick in Winterberry, & You're A Pisa Work nail polish by OPI. 
I first wore this dress on my mom's last full day of her visit. She wanted to wash the windows & clean the fridge...but I did the fridge while she tackled the windows. It felt really good to do something useful...it had been so long. I am never not going to be thrilled I can walk again & actually do stuff. Then we had a lunch of leftovers I had made during her stay...ring Bologna, Brussels sprouts, cheese ravioli with pesto, & whole lemon salmon salad. We parked behind this car downtown...it resonated with me...I used to be cool. 
Trying to get the capitol building in there with our selfie. We wandered down State St. a bit...Anthology is always a fun store to browse & I bought this cute sticker of Wisconsin & Michigan holding hands...appropriate since those are the only states I've ever lived in. I have a sneaking suspicion that I've bought this sticker before. We sat across from the capitol a while to listen to this band...the singer had a great voice & it took me a while to realize all the songs were about pot...her pot printed jumpsuit should have given it away. 
My gorgeous purple Fluevogs arrived! They are stunning...& I got a reusable bag that says, Nice Shoes. For dinner, we got takeout from Lao Laan Xang, had some wine, then watched a movie. 
A few weeks later, I wore this dress a second time to attend Freddie's 3rd birthday party & go to farmers' market with Kate. The print did not warrant another wear, but David had been out of town the first time I wore it, so I needed photos. Pokey LaFarge's new album is orange...I picked it up while driving the girlie home. 
Freddie adores David...it's the beard, plus, he's fun. 
A fire in the fire pit next to the brick oven. All of Freddie's bearded men...he just loves bearded men. And Betsy, Toby's mom, had the brilliant idea of getting all us women beards...the bearded ladies. Freddie was not fooled. 
Pizzas in the brick oven are SO good...why are things cooked outside so much better?! Freddie opening gifts...the first one was a ton of vintage cars from his uncle...& really, nothing after that compared. The Caesar salad Betsy made had the best garlic-y dressing...yum. 
Blowing out the candles. Visiting around the fire was the best part of the evening. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment