Thursday, November 18, 2021

Oak Leaves & Acorns Tattoo, Part I

Dress: Windy Fields Maxi Dress by Maggie London (size 18) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Relativity, thrifted (size 2x)
Shoes: Born
Earring: Kerala Rose 
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
The coral of this dress is *my* color...so flattering to my skin tone. At first I thought this dress was too conservative for me...but it grew on me. I felt pretty in this dress & that should be the measure for any outfit. Great fit & length. 
This cardigan jumped out at me in my closet. People ask me how long it takes me to put together outfits...not long...I usually go with the first thing that appeals to me. Sometimes it works, other times...
I've got a ton of vintage pearl jewelry...but it usually gets passed over for more colorful babbles...it was perfect with this dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Torch; Lumbre, He Devil, Ounce, & Dirty Talk eyeshadow by UD; Chicory lipliner by MAC; NYX lipliner in Pumpkin; So Chaud lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in It's a Piazza Cake. 
My monthly Nuuly box arrived...I wore all 6 of these dresses (& I'm getting this month's box today). I thought this poster at the optometrist's office was off-putting...why does she have a hunk of hair pulled across her forehead? I picked up my contact lenses...& promptly "lost" them...I have no memory of ever seeing them or have any clue where they could be. Tattoo time!
I have been anxiously waiting this tattoo from Mar of oak leaves & acorns on the top of my left foot. I was also a bit scared as I thought it would be incredibly painful...but you know what? It wasn't. It was the easiest tattoo to get & heal that I've ever gotten. Bizarre, right?
They finished the outline...now I'll go back for autumnal colors...I adore that acorn under my toe. I LOVE it. Mar is wonderful. 
Some of Mar's tattoos...including mine. How fabulous is that mushroom woman?! I'm full of envy it's not on my body. 
After the tattoo...I headed over to Angie's where David was already making dinner...pork steaks on the grill with honey nut squash with butter & roasted garlic, & roasted apples...served with an Angie made salad that included fermented ramps...which were delightfully delicious. A version of this meal is my favorite autumnal meal...it usually involves pork chops, but Cliff's pork steaks were equally as tasty. Terrible picture of David...but Molly looked so adorable cuddled up to him. 
Freddie was really into the pork fat...I mean, who isn't...but it was so cute. Getting dressed for bed & delightful doggies. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment