Saturday, October 30, 2021

Final Elkhorn Antique Flea Market of 2021

Dress: Bondi Blue Nyla Dress by Lauren Ralph Lauren (size 18) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Alegria 
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
This dress was fine. Boring. Fit was good. I liked the two different patterns on it...I wore it to work & to go to the final Elkhorn of the season. I need to stop wearing dresses I don't love. 
I liked the shoes with it...I think this was my first & only time wearing them during this sandal season. I wore this back in September...too busy doing fun things to blog. 
I wonder why I always chose pink to pair with blue...like a gender reveal party?
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Abyss, Cotton Candy & Totally Fetch eyeshadow by Too Faced, NYX lipliner in Fuchsia, UD lipstick in Big Bang, Winterberry lipstick from Bite Beauty, & Morgan Taylor nail polish in I'm From The Fuchsia. 
The final Elkhorn Antique Flea Market of the season! This was my last time in the wheelchair, & I walked at much of this market using the wheelchair as a walker. I spied this spinning bookcase & I swooned...I've wanted one of these since I saw one in a movie when I was little. This one is mahogany that someone put a light coat of spray paint on...easy to strip. This lamp! I am just a cherub lover...& always will be. I am going to use this for my bedside table lamp. 
This photo is not doing these bronze naked woman bookends from the '20s justice...they are striking. And I can't resist anything with faces on it...& I love a huge finial. David fell for this old updated work table & tool box. We'll use the table for eating in the wreck room...it's now a TV tray. Me & David leaving the market...it was a windy day & my hat kept flying off. We did not look as thoroughly as we usually do, so did not find as many treasures. I think it's just because we already have SO much stuff. On our drive home...I saw a most Wisconsin thing...this bar offers drive through drinks. 
I adore elephants. Although I don't like elephants being used in circuses. David bought this metal map drawer to use in his shop. We managed to find 8 different ceiling tiles, but I only took a photo of one...we may cover part of the kitchen wall with them. And...more ceiling fixtures. We have SO many things that light up...it's embarrassing...& we can't stop. I'd LOVE to put these in our kitchen to replace the ones David picked out that I've always disliked. They may hang too low for that though. 
We also have a thing for door handles & really liked this matching set. We don't need any more door knobs either...in case you were wondering. However, they really are objects of beauty on their own & will look pleasing just as a display. We considered a lot of jewelry, but this is the only piece that came home with us...it's very old heavy glass...& I've never seen a clasp like this before. It was another amazing year at Elkhorn. I love the element of surprise...we never know what we'll find & that's exciting. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment