Friday, October 15, 2021

Albert Cummings

Dress: Abstract Butterfly Purple Zoe Dress by Leota (size 2x) via Gwynnie Bee 
Shoes: ?, thrifted 
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
I loved the pretty burgundy-ish purple of this butterfly dress. The fit was good, but this dress runs a bit bigger than Leota typically does.  The flutter sleeves, length, & banded waist on this dress are nice & this style makes for a great cold weather outfit that can be layered. 
This dress was just long enough to cover my terrible legs. I will be so happy when all my scars are covered by tattoos. 
Both of these shoe colors are actually in the dress, but the pink doesn't come across as well in photos. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline; Pat McGrath eyeshadow in Electron, Gold Standard, Venomous Void, & Fuchsia Shock; Burgundy lipliner from MAC; Pure Society lipstick by NYX; & OPI nail polish in Outback Aphrodisiac. 
I wore this dress to go to The Stoughton Opera House with David to see the first show of the season, Albert Cummings. 
They did such a lovely job restoring this gorgeous venue. 
I've never sat in the balcony before...great seats! This was the day after I found out I had gout & had just started taking meds for it. Because of that...it would have been too painful to walk down to our seats, so the nice ushers let me sit in a comfy chair at the top of the balcony.
Such a great Blues musician...I had never even heard of him before checking him out simply because he was on the schedule at this fabulous place. I love discovering new music this way. 
The next day we popped in to Deconstruction Inc where we found treasures, as usual. We got this sink for the backyard kitchen area, some floral metal bits (never sure what to call these?), a corn elevator for planting flowers in (different than the ones we picked up at Elkhorn), & a bunch of rusty metal pulleys to hang stuff off the pergola on. And check out this gorgeous art nouveau heating cover *swoon* Mark, the owner, took us in back to show us these beauties. The manufacturer is still in business & they've never seen this pattern before...so it was likely specially made for the house it was taken from here in Madison. Who gets rid of something like this?! 
GB sent me this Effie's Heart dress, but sadly, it was pilled & I just ended up wearing it to PT & to do errands. My Nuuly arrived! Sneak peek into what I'll be wearing. Boxy Charm...if I never get another highlighter, I would be so happy. 
A package from Wendy! It's been far too long. I am in love with these fabulous flowers...& she surprised me with matching earrings. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment