Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Art Fair on the Square // Visit with Mom

Dress: Tiered Colorblocked Maxi Dress by Farm Rio (size 2x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $20 off, normally $10)
Sandals: Born
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
This was the ideal dress to wear on a warm autumn day...or two. I mean...it would be perfect for a tropical vacation or a hot summer's day...but this was what was happening. So cheerful & bright! I loved wearing it, but it ran big & since my chest is small...there was a lot of room there...& the cups were pointy. Not sure if that would have been the case had my boobs filled them up? I adore anything off the shoulder...it just feels sexy to me...& those dramatic puffy sleeves were fabulous. Great maxi length on me. 
Hello Madonna boobs...
I love that the orange portion of the dress was up top near my face...& this bohemian dangling blue earring & all my jewelry was just a lovely combination. Jewelry always makes the outfit for me. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Sabbath, Flamepoint eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics, Neon palette from Huda Beauty, NYX lipliner in Orange County, NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Orange County & Foiled Again, & OPI nail polish in Summer Lovin' Having a Blast!
I first wore this dress back in September to attend Art Fair on the Square with David. It was the last weekend he had to push me around in the wheelchair. We found so many lovely things. Our first find was a lazy susan wooden puzzle trivet that will be a perfect cheese board. Next up...we got a 2 person swing that we will hang from our pergola. 
This woman from Chicago had so many lovely colors for her purses, I didn't know which to choose...she only had this one with flowers all over it though...so purple it was. Had there been one with flowers in the orange color, I probably would have gone with that. It came with a long cross body strap, but I prefer a wristlet...so she sent me one. And you know what? I am LOVING carrying a small purse around my body...hands free. I doubt I'll ever use that wrist strap. I use it all the time...so much, that I might have to see if I can get it with flowers in other shades. Shocked. Next up, we bought a naked hanging woman. And a few prints from this woman who comes every year that I'll hang in my office at home. These stained glass windows in old window frames caught my eye...so pretty. 
This guy makes amazing replicas of buildings, cars, trains...so realistic & detailed. And then there was this guy, Vladimir Ovtcharov. We ended up buying an original painting from him because he didn't have any prints & we both loved it. That doesn't happen with art often. The fortune teller will hang in our living room. 
The second time I wore this dress was when my mom was visiting. We went to Stoughton on Saturday during the day & wandered around the shops. Then we had lunch at Viking Brew Pub where I had a most delicious smoked salmon salad. Later, my mom & I sat outside & played cards. I changed dresses for dinner...so the rest of that day is with another outfit. This whole out of order thing is driving me a bit crazy. However, I'm SO behind on posts that I can't even imagine how bad it would be had I not repeated wearing dresses. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment