Monday, October 18, 2021

Oedipus

Dress: Floral Embroidered Gown by ML Monique Lhullier (size 20) via Nuuly (they are currently offering $20 off to both of us, it's normally $10)
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
The woman who designed this dress is known for her wedding gowns, & it shows. I felt gorgeous & elegant all day long. This $700 dress was perfection & would have been just the right length had I been able to wear even a 1 inch heel. This brand runs one size small. 
Do you have a Wacoal strapless bra? Because if not...you need one. I'm still wearing my bra from 200 pounds ago, but summer is over so I probably won't need it all winter...also, it still holds its shape which amazes me. 
I don't often have occasion to wear this spectacular vintage DeMario parure...not to mention, the necklace is heavy...but this dress was crying out for more drama. Or perhaps that's just me. I'm overdressed for an outdoor play...but what's new? 
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D eyeliner in Trooper; Golden Nugget, Sin City, & The Strip eyeshadow from Too Faced; UD lipliner in 714; Luvbug lipstick by Sugarpill Cosmetics; & Tell Me About It Stud nail polish from OPI. 
The girlie & me outside at APT on a lovely fall day (this was back in September, I'm behind). 
I was still dealing with gout pain here (spoiler alert: it's better now) & needed to be pushed in a wheelchair. I cut off his butt, but David was twerking...he always makes me laugh. 
Kate really enjoys opening bubbles & that will never fail to amuse me & cause me to take 100 pictures of the process. 
It's a good thing I have an Instagram to document all my food, or I would not have remembered what we ate for our picnic. Can you imagine? David made us curried roasted salmon on a bed of mixed greens with a side of yogurt/cucumber sauce with lemon. It was good, not great. I found the recipe & David made it since I wasn't able to walk...but he hates recipes & left out the lime because he only glanced at the ingredients...which when we added it at home, greatly improved the dish.  We also had curried red tofu from the co-op & a delightful bottle of Eff Nat from Kate. 
Picnic pose...
I got to take this fancy Imodium that Kate had left over from Thailand (I was on antibiotics). Mmmmm, Fern raspberries. Seated for the play with my 2 favorite people. I was really looking forward to seeing Oedipus, but they managed to make it disappointing. How do you make a play about a man killing his father & marrying his mother boring?! The costumes were fantastic, as was the acting. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Don't let Melissa read that you've lost 200 pounds and haven't updated the bra! lol!

    ReplyDelete