Monday, October 25, 2021

Bubbles Brown // Visit with Brian

Dress: Polka Dot Puff-Sleeved Maxi Dress by Porridge (size 2x) via Nuuly (use my link & we both get $20 off, normally only $10)
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
I am in LOVE with this polka dot dress! I would buy it if I knew what size I will eventually end up. It's just full of fun...& I adore that the top has smaller dots than the bottom. Good fit, runs slightly big. I loved the sexy off the shoulders & open back. I felt beautiful in this dress. 
I'm smitten with the unusual color combination of the dots. 
My polka dot bracelets look like they were made to match this dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Lucky, Huda Beauty eyeshadow in Blood Moon, Damaged eyeshadow by UD, MAC lipliner in Chicory, Gothica lipstick from Kat von D, & Morgan Taylor nail polish in Sunrise & The City.
Fluevog was having a little sale & I just couldn't stop myself from getting these pretty purple paisley boots. Also, it was our yearly new iPhone time...in gold. The first time I wore this dress I went to see Bubbles Brown at The Shitty Barn. And I dressed on theme with bubbles in my dress & bracelets. 

It was cold & a bit rainy...so I hung out inside eating raspberries & reading a book. I went to enough shows alone at the barn this year that I was able to finish a book. Spring Green Musician in Residence, Bubbles Brown...it was a great show. I mean, there was a banjo & that is always a good sign. And another local artist, a painter...painted while he played. 
The second time I wore this dress was in Munising to visit Brian...this was my first full day there. I made us a bacon omelet with Hook's 5 year cheddar that we split for breakfast. Then Brian had to go to his salon to do his nephew's fiancés hair for photos. I was captivated by his curling iron thing...it grabs your hair & twists it. I was trying to do it myself, then Brian took over. Not that we went anywhere, but my hair looked cute. Also, the only make-up I wore the entire time I was in the U.P. was eyeliner & mascara...that never happens. 
For dinner...Brian made us grilled chicken & peaches with a balsamic glaze & basil...I made us a spinach salad with radishes, cucumbers, green onions, pea shoots, broccoli, raspberries, & raw cashews with a poppy vinaigrette. And a Gewurtztraminer to drink...that we drank in Brian's mom's glasses she got for her wedding back in the 50s. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment