Friday, October 22, 2021

Sleepy Gaucho // Visit with Brian

Dress: Floral Fit & Flare Dress by Eloquii (size 20) via GB Try Then Buy
Cardigan: ?, can't read the cursive tag (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Basic Editions, thrifted
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 45-42-59
I first rented this dress from GB back in February 2014 & immediately regretted returning it. I found it in the GB Shop, but the largest size they had was a 20...so I bought it. Why? It was stretchy...it might have fit? So, I waited too long & now it's too big on me...but at least I got to wear it again. I still think it's gorgeous with all the pretty watercolors, but I'll be alright letting it go to a new home. 
With cooler weather, I can break out the cardigans (this was September...so one day cardigan weather, the next sandals) & wear some of my too big dresses before saying goodbye to them as the cardigans hide some of the excess fabric & provide more of a shape...or that's what I think anyway. 
I nearly went with orange tights...but I hardly ever have occasion to wear magenta...& I wear orange all the time. The first time I wore this a woman asked me if I painted my shoes to match my dress...I just got lucky at the thrift store. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric Empire; Ten, Candles, Libra, & Lime Crime eyeshadow by Lime Crime; NYX lipliner in Orange County; NYX lipstick in 507; So Chaud lipstick from MAC; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going To The Game?
DJ Baby Berlin DJ-ing on Twitch on 2 different nights & DJ Shok. My gout was finally better enough that I dared to try driving around the neighborhood. It was really emotional for me as this was my first time behind the wheel since my knee surgery. A bit of freedom. 
Music on Twitch & a surprise live from New Zealand, Amanda Palmer. And the reason for me attempting to drive...I drove myself to The Shitty Barn to see a show. I was still walking with a cane, but I was able to get around enough to be out in the world. 
I didn't walk around much & ate my food sitting inside instead of standing outside. Red curry tofu & blackberries from the co-op. The first band, Graham Hunt, was LOUD...my only ear protection wearing show of the season. The main band, Sleepy Gaucho...they were good (sorry to the band member I cropped out of the photo here), but mostly I enjoyed how happy they seemed to be playing & the guy on bass really threw himself into the performance. 
The second time I wore this dress was on my last full day of visiting Brian in the U.P. I was going to make us salmon salad in cucumbers, but I didn't bring mayo...because *everyone* has mayo, right?! Miracle Whip *blech* So I had a meltdown, then Brian suggested we make some...of course! So he did & it was delicious. Then we ate it in front of the tv while he & his mom watched the Packer game. So confusing. 
Later, we went to Brian's salon where we spent 5 hours cutting & dyeing my hair...how lucky am I to have such a patient & talented friend?! I need those sunglasses in my life!
We went with 4 shades of copper & a royal purple. Brian painted each section on & wrapped it...so time consuming. I LOVE the hair color SO much! I don't love the haircut (too short on my short side & not enough spikey bits around my face), which I felt really bad telling Brian since he worked so hard. BUT...the hair color is marvelous. It's fun to have multicolor hair since I typically do it myself with just one shade. 
After finishing my hair, we went back to Brian's where I made us dinner...pan fried pork chops with honey nut squash, baked apples, & roasted garlic. We ate at midnight. But it was delicious. Brian had never had honey nut before & as he claimed them his new favorite squash...I sent him a box. The U.P. is stunning, but you can't find anything out of the ordinary up there. Also on this day, Brian's nephew made me tear up because he was so kind to me...sometimes that still can take me off guard. We had a wonderful visit...our first since Labor Day weekend 2019 (stupid pandemic). There will be other days of my visit coming up since this is now out of order. Then, very sadly, I drove home the next day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment