Monday, October 5, 2020

Rock Lobster

Dress: Sonnet Dress in Lobster Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was the perfect orangey red color...& the print was cute, but how often do I really want to wear a lobster dress? I would have totally bought it if I lived in Maine. I've only had this style of dress one other time, & oh! I wish I had bought that one. While most Effie's Heart dresses have pockets, this one does not...despite having an extra full skirt. The fit & length on this were great. 
I look best in warm colors, although since joining GB I wear a lot of cool tones. 
The color & ridges in this necklace & earring set were just right for the lobsters on the dress...don't you agree? I found this set while searching for red necklaces on Etsy...there are SO many different shades of red & I had a need for more. The first necklace like this I found was $500 for the necklace only...but I managed to find this Oscar de la Renta set by patiently waiting until another came along that was only $100...& included earrings.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach, UD eyeshadow in Half Baked, Asylum eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics, UD lipstick in No-Tell Motel, New York Apple lipstick from MAC, & OPI nail polish in Friar, Friar, Pants on Fire! 
There is an artist from my hometown, Marquette, that posts his paintings on a Marquette Facebook group I am on...I always find them lovely to look at, but none of them spoke to me until I saw this one. Lake Superior painted on top of a vintage map...this is home. 
My friend Enid posted this fabulous sticker she got for voting & I was full of envy...so she sent it to me...it's so much cooler than the boring "I Voted" sticker that came with my ballot. Leaving farmers' market, BLT wrap made with market ingredients, & Buffalo Gospel playing live at Blue Ox in Eau Claire. 
More Blue Ox bands...Lindsay Lou & Yonder Mountain String Band. 
There are so many wonderful bands that go live online during the weekends...the weekly concert by Glenn Crytzer & members of his orchestra...& Carsie Blanton doing her monthly rent party for the boys in her band. 
Music from a mountain top in the U.P....Michael Waite is joined by Kerry Yost...& a brand new to me band, Heart & Pine, playing at Midland Theatre in Ohio. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment