Thursday, July 26, 2018

Dead Horses & Memories

 Dress: Leafy Greens Ruffle Maxi Dress by Melissa McCarthy (size  4x)
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I bought this dress for $25 when Melissa McCarthy clothing was going out of business earlier this year...it eventually went down to $15, but I'm sure by then my size was gone. I was attracted to the unusual delicate color combination & lovely leafy pattern, as well as the fluttery sleeves. I knew being able to see the back side of the fabric on the ruffles, bell sleeves, & high/low hem would drive me crazy...& it did. I felt rather frump-a-dump in this frock. The fit was great...but it needs a lot of work if I keep it...so should it stay or should it go? 
If it stays, I would need to tack down the ruffles so the underside wasn't showing, shorten the dress several inches in front & take away the high/low hem, & perhaps use that extra material to line the bell sleeves. Is it worth all that work?
The fabric is so pretty...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; UD eyeshadow in Seize, Jones, Mean, & Gossip; Habanero lipstick by MAC; UD lipstick in Big Bang; & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game?
I wore this outfit to see Dead Horses with Kate...outside on the lake at Edgwater's Brewgrass Fridays. The band was fabulous, but unfortunately, all they serve is terrible Friday fish fry...so we left during their set break to seek girlie food. But...not before I took pictures of us & Kate mocked my tongue sticking out move that I constantly do. 
We tried out Gates & Brovi in Kate's new 'hood...because they had Friday fish fry that we were hoping would be much better than Edgewater's...& I'm suggestible...after seeing so many fish walk past me during the concert...that is what I was in the mood for. We started out with smelt & cheese curds. The smelt was THE BEST THING EVER. Just perfect...it reminded me of my childhood when we'd go smelting in the middle of the night & come home with trash bags full of little fishies. We both had the bluegill fish fry for dinner...it was alright, but we would go back & just make a meal of that tasty tasty smelt. Also, it is pronounced Schmelt...if you're from the U.P....or apparently, Wisconsin. This woman sitting next to us had the most awesome flowery sandals...I'm on the lookout for them...I need some.
I also wore this dress to work & run errands. David & I finally checked out our neighborhood Goodwill...& found some of the clothing I donated from our garage sale. These were some of my last days packing at the old house...& I finally found my old 80s photo album. Unlike today, I hardly ever took pictures...I only brought a camera to school a handful of times, so not too many photos of that time. Me, Shane, & Mike in the first page, then Dave (my high school boyfriend), & some shots of Michael & Neil...awww. Then! Our first night at our new house...June 13th. 
I also found this letter Shane wrote to me in the early 00s...he wrote me 3 letters over a 2-3 year period & this one was living in one of my jewelry cabinets...still in the envelope, addressed to...Meshel Dear Darling. He'd write me these letters & leave them with flowers in my driveway or on my car. I miss him so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment