Thursday, July 12, 2018

B*tch not Beans with Lowest Pair

 Dress: Kate Dress in Woodland Friends Floral by Cherry Velvet (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Shoes: Born
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Adorable baby animals on this cutesy cotton dress. I find the Kate to be the most roomy of Cherry Velvet's dresses...& it is lovely, except for the button detail on the front...the fabric doesn't care to stay put. The first time I wore this style (in a button print), I fashion taped the ends down...but I've also found that tucking them in, even for 1/2 an hour, allows them to take a flat shape. Alternately, I've also just worn them tucked in so I don't have to think about it. I could wear a size 3x in this dress, but I appreciate the loose fit in the summer heat. 
From a distance, it looks like these green teggings aren't matching anything...but they are a perfect match for the foliage in the dress. One of the two times I wore this dress out, I paired it with navy teggings...but that seemed too boring. 
I spy...baby woodland creatures...foxes, owls, bunnies, & birds...
My make-up with this frock included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD & Deep End, UD eyeshadow in Dragon & Freeze, Flamepoint eyeshadow by Sugarpill, NYX eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals, Hippie Chic lipstick from NYX, Habanero lipstick by MAC, & OPI nail polish in Go with the Lava Flow. 
I first wore this outfit to get my hair cut by Gen at Cha Cha...it's across the street from a St. Vinny's, so I always pop in there to browse. I hardly ever find anything for me...but I usually pick out a few plushies for the doggies...best $2 dog toy ever. That same day we hit Savers for the very last time before they closed...the day before everything went to 50% off...we wanted to beat the rush. Also, an eShakti dress from GB that I sent back unworn...my usual size of 28 was just too tight for me...I think the seams would have burst if I tried to sit down. 
Rye LOVES stuffed animals...& this hippo was his favorite yet. He chewed on it, but left it intact for three weeks...he carried it around with him & snuggled with his friend...it was precious. I wonder if it was because it looked like him? Olive is not into stuffies, but I get them for her anyway so she doesn't feel left out. 
The second time I wore this dress was to go to The Shitty Barn with Kate & Jason...we decided to pack a picnic. I typically talk to Siri over my stereo in the car...lately, she's been going downhill with her word recognition skills...how exactly does beets sound like beans or bitch?

Laughing girlies at the barn...
Kate & Jason...
Dinner before Lowest Pair, who opened for Mipso...
The Lowest Pair...fantastic as always...they are amazing live...


No comments:

Post a Comment