Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Antique Flea

 Dress: Colorblock Crepe Dress by eShakti (size 30) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Eat Your Makeup leggings by Beth Ditto
Shoes: Madden Girl
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace: Wendy Baker 
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress had such bright vibrant hues...& you know how I adore orange...however, it was so ill fitting that it wasn't much fun to wear. I did get a few compliments on it though, which surprised me. Since this dress had no stretch, I sized up from my usual 28 to 30...because I wasn't able to wear the last non-stretchy eShakti dress in a 28 out of the house...I should have stuck with my usual size with this one. But...it wouldn't have mattered because the dress was awful...the armholes were huge (my bra showed), the pockets stuck out, & worst of all...there were pleats on the boobs that ended in a point right around the nipple area. Disaster. 
On the other hand...I was finally able to wear these Eat Your Makeup leggings I bought nearly 2 years ago from Beth Ditto. I'm so happy I was able to snag some things from her before they closed the shop. 
 I wore this dress to a small antique flea market here in town, & on another day to farmer's market & work. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Sunrise Blue eyeliner by NYX, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Calavera & Goldmine, Sauce & Fire eyeshadow from Morphe, MAC lipstick in Habanero, & Aim to Misbehave nail polish by Essie. 
A local antique shop was having a flea market outside...so David & I checked it out...& came home with...this ornate lamp stand. I have plans to make a necklace holder out of it. This was $10...
And these stunning metal leaves that look like they were handmade & bought at an art faire (they have an artists name on the back, along with their city). Sorry for these terrible pictures taken in our bomb shelter. 
I used to have a small collection of pretty embroidered/beaded cardigans from the 50s back in high school...this one caught my eye. Then we went inside to oooooo & aaaaahhhh...which worked up our appetite for Indian buffet. 
I know this handle is supposed to be leaves...but to me, it looks like a dog nose...if I could draw, I'd draw dogs with these gorgeous noses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment