Friday, October 18, 2019

Chicago with Kate & Nick Cave

 Dress: Fire Bloom Maxi Dress by City Chic (size XXL/24)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring & Necklace: Heidi Daus via Ebay 
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I am madly deeply in love with this style of dress from City Chic...I wish they had a name for it so I could search more easily as they often release new colors & patterns. Once upon a time it came in leopard...& I missed out. Can you imagine how spectacular this would have been on me in leopard print?! I also own this in a lily design
Every woman needs a dramatic diva dress in her closet.
Sometimes a windy day adds allure...other times it just gives me wacky hair.
Monday morning at our Airbnb...Kate tries out my dress...
We considered taking a Lyft into downtown...but the girlie somehow found this super surprisingly cheap parking...$15!!! for up to 12 hours. And...the elevator up deposited us right at the door of our favorite Chicago restaurant, The Gage. 
Coffee...& lunch...delicious soft shell crab, beet salad, & smoked salmon BLT. 
After lunch...we walked down the street to the American Writers Museum...which I discovered after looking online for lesser known museums in Chicago. It's been open for two years & they had a special Bob Dylan exhibit running while we were there. 
It took up a relatively small space...but there was a lot to look at, watch, & listen to...including Dylan's copy of Catcher in the Rye.
The history of writers in America...
I sat for a bit in front of this 2 walled art installation...Word Waterfall...quotes, mostly from authors, on America...when this particular quote was lit up...it was accompanied by the vision & sound of flames...
Typing on typewriters throughout the years. They had a digitized version of the scroll of On The Road...but I know I've seen the real thing...but where? And who was with me? No one knows. This was a fun museum &...free bookmarks. I'd go back if they had another special exhibit that caught my eye. 
In the evening, we dined at a Polish restaurant in the neighborhood...Smakosz. They were slammed with concert-goers & only had one server. We shared an order of potato pancakes... Kate had mushroom & onion pierogis & I chose potato cheese & had mine fried. The food was incredible...one of the best Polish meals I've ever had.
Then...on to Conversations with Nick Cave at the lovely Copernicus Center. The girlie & I used to come here years ago to see silent films...& then drive home. Oh, to be young. 
Nick Cave was amazing, as always, & most of the questions from the audience were quite good. He's become a gentler, more vulnerable man since his son died...he turned his grief into something stronger. It was a beautiful thing to be a part of. What a perfect day spent with my girlie. 
I also wore this dress to work & out to dinner with David...because pictures had to be taken of this outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment