Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Lowest Pair at Arts + Literature Laboratory

 Dress: Butterfly Print Wrap Dress by Hutch (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Sandals: Croft & Barrow, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress took my breath away with its gorgeous pattern & amazing colors...I felt like a beautiful butterfly...or as Super Boo called me, The Muffin Monarch. I adored the sleeves & the length was great. However...you know I hate high/low dresses when you can see the wrong side of the fabric & it's white...ugh. I also had issues with the fit...I had to pin the neckline closed & the edges of this wrap dress in front have only been serged (in white) & not fully finished...those tended to show most of the time (see photo of me holding flowers). I would still buy this dress if it shows up in the shop. 
This amazing Monarch Butterfly mural on Mother Fool's Coffee House is by the artist Mike Lroy...a perfect backdrop for this dress...even though the light wasn't ideal at 11am. 
I found this vintage Miriam Haskell necklace on Etsy last year, but this is my first time wearing it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, NYX eyeshadow palette in Phoenix, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Love+ & Flamepoint, Habanero lipstick by MAC, & A Red-vival City nail polish from OPI. 
I first wore this dress on a Saturday to market with Kate...(& my new iPhone arrived)...then I went home, put make-up on...
& met the girlie at Arts + Literature Laboratory for a rare early afternoon concert...3pm! Me being me...we got there early & poked around the art gallery.
Then...front row for The Lowest Pair...we had just seen them the month before, but they are so fabulous that it's never enough. 
Why ask Y? After the concert...we met Jason at Ha Long Bay where we waited for an hour to be seated. Typically, I think they're worth it...but not on this day. We all asked for 2 stars for spiciness & got 0, Jason got dripped on the entire time...which I felt particularly bad about because he had to sit next to me instead of Kate because I was too fat for the booth. Kate & I have sat across from each other here before, but this booth had less room.
I discovered the Brazilian jewelry designer, Sobral, through another blogger on Instagram. I immediately dashed over to eBay & made a purchase. Wow! I feel like these were made just for me. Also, a vintage bracelet I've had my eye on for a while came in the mail. Some new make-up curtesy of the one day Ulta sale-50% off Urban Decay eyeliners...& a $10 off coupon...& my Sephora Play! box. 
I have a newly discovered treasure at the Northside Farmers' Market on Sundays...Big Spring Family Farm trout. They sell it whole, filleted, & smoked...the fish have been swimming in the last 24 hours. It is amazing...the most flavorful trout I've ever tasted. I most certainly didn't wear this dress to have dinner with Angie & Freddie...but he's so cute! 
Also, I made a new recipe that I found in the New York Times...Kalpudding, a Swedish meatloaf. I linked to the recipe in Epicurious because NYT doesn't let you see all their recipes unless you subscribe to NYT Cooking. It was tasty comfort food & I'll definitely make it again. 
I'm putting notes here to myself for the next time I make it. Less sweet, add salt & pepper to the meat, more breadcrumbs...also perhaps add: cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh thyme, caramelized onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment