Monday, January 28, 2019

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

 Dress: Floral Red Scuba Fit & Flare Dress by Gabby Skye (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Croft & Barrow, thrifted 
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Tights: We Love Colors 
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was fabulous...I wore it several times & got more compliments than I've gotten in a long time. Everywhere I went, strangers stopped to tell me how much they liked my outfit. Underneath my cardigan, this dress is sleeveless & has a low v-neck back, so it would be lovely without any covering in spring or fall. The fit & length were spot on, & there was lots of twirl to the skirt. I'll buy this from the shop or GB resellers if I see it. I don't need another floral dress, but I loved the combination of both red & burgundy in the pattern. 
 Twirling in the wind...
Often I will get a dress I like well enough from GB, like this one...but how I style it is what makes me fall in love with the outfit. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Alkaline; UD eyeshadow in Bang Bang, Turn On, Young Love, Alchemy, & Bondage; Perfect Red lipstick from NYX; & Black Metal Dahlia nail polish from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. 
Adorable baby...we had dinner with Angie, but food photos aren't as cute as this little guy...
We went to Deconstruction Inc to look for a bunch of mismatched old drawer pulls, which we found...but we also left with those fabulous oak leaves & acorn metal bits & this awesome table for the middle of my office (so I can hang a chandelier over it). We did not buy those gorgeous wooden panels, but they were just so beautiful. 
We also found a heating grate for the hallway. After shopping, we picked up some tasty ribs to bring home for dinner...& these magnificent Wendy-made fingerless gloves were waiting for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment