Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Christmas Day

 Dress: Swing Dress in Purple Floral Print by Alice & You (size 28) via GB Shop 
Leggings: Torrid
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko, gift from David
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I last wore this dress back in early spring of 2016...I sent it back to GB, but bought it from the shop a short while later for $15. 2016 was the year of the swing dress...& I bought several. This outfit was so comfy...I wore it December 25th, 26th, & 27th. 
Now that all my clothing is organized...I discovered these amazing anklet socks in my solid color sock bin...I love them! I need more solid socks in my life to wear with leggings in the cooler months. Luckily, Sock Dreams was having a sale...so I bought all the cute anklets they had. 
Clearly, the flowers in this dress are two different shades of blue...& not purple like the title suggests. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Black eyeliner in Oxblood; Bang Bang, Turn On, & Young Love eyeshadow by Urban Decay; UD lipstick in 714; & China Glaze nail polish in Ruby Pumps. 
I first wore this outfit Christmas Day...honestly, I went into my closet & threw on the first dress I saw with red in it. Our only plan for the day was to go to Indian buffet with friends, so I wasn't feeling too fancy. But first! Super Boo & I opened gifts. David bought a print of this painting last summer (the original was $10-12,000) at Art Fair on the Square. I took photos of how the artist framed his work so I could replicate it. I bought old wood at Deconstruction Inc (all the nail holes & weathering are genuine), as well as a drawer handle & other hardware. This is obviously not complete yet, but I'm still working on it. 
David surprised me with this stunning Miriam Haskell vintage necklace...she is my favorite jewelry designer from the 40s-60s. I used to collect her back in the 80s & 90s, but her stuff goes for ridiculously crazy amounts now. I need to take a video of this necklace...it has a water feature! That upper right bit on the pendant is filled with water & chips of opal & gold that float around...how crazy is that?! The lady he bought it from had the matching bracelet, but she SOLD IT SEPARATELY! Who does that?!
Indian buffet...there were 10 of us, plus this little sleeping niblet. Afterwards, we took outfit photos, then went home & watched Christmas movies. Our favorite this year was Christmas in Connecticut from 1945. We also watched Shop Around the Corner, The Apartment, & re-watched White Christmas. 
The day after Christmas...I had a client & David was going to check out Sur la Table...which is just a few stores away from Lush...so I asked him to pop in to see if they had any of my favorite cleanser left...Bûche de Noël, since it was their buy one get one free sale. I told him to just get one since it will go bad before I can use it all. But the lady at the counter informed him that customers freeze them successfully...so he came home with six. 

The following day...I had an appointment to get fitted for compression socks...my doctor thinks wearing them will help my legs heal better. Then...Indian buffet again...a different restaurant. We also bopped into Target for 1/2 price Christmas swag...& found THE BEST THING EVER...2 foot tall gold tinsel trees! For $4! We got the last two they had left...they will be perfect in our rec room next year. Finally, we shopped 40% off Christmas at Orange Tree imports...they carry a lot of Old World Christmas ornaments & we got a bunch. It all got wrapped up before I could take photos...& David packed them away in boxes when we got home. 
The last Ulta haul of the year...20% off sale, plus Urban Decay discounts a bunch of stuff 50% off that they're getting rid of. 

We had dinner with Angie in the evening...David & Freddy...he just gets cuter every time we see him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment