Thursday, January 31, 2019

Girlie Brunch in ModCloth

 Dress: Poised Perspective Shirt Dress by ModCloth (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Charter School Cardigan by ModCloth (size 4x)
Tights: We Love Colors in Rust
Shoes: Yoki via ModCloth 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I was instantly smitten with the colors & patterns in this stunning autumnal dress...it is so ME. The problem when I tried it on...the lining comes just past my belly...making the dress see-thru. Luckily, I've run into this problem before & bought a full length & half slip last year from Catherines...issue solved. Otherwise, this dress was lovely in every way...all these patterns mixed together, the longer length & the amazing pleats in the skirt *swoon*.
These photos were taken just 2 weeks ago...before we got a foot of snow, before USPS & even bars were closed in Wisconsin because of severe cold...it was -28 without windchill when I woke up this morning. But by this weekend it will be 70° warmer. 
So, what I'm saying is...I got this dress just at the right time...I couldn't wear those shoes in the snow. Totally by coincidence...I didn't even notice until I was writing this blog post...the shoes & cardigan are also from ModCloth, several years back. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew, Lemmy & Analogue eyeshadow by Kat von D, Too Faced eyeshadow in Warm & Toasty, NYX lipliner in Pumpkin, Heat lipstick from UD, & OPI nail polish in Red Hot Holiday. 
I first wore this dress to work & erranding with David...then outfit photos were taken. I adored these two cute outfits in the window of Anthropologie...on our way to Sur la Table for David to try out knives...& pizza at Cafe Porta Alba. 
This lovely lady sells marvelous vintage jewelry on Etsy & eBay...I've gotten some fun Selro stuff from her in the past...so I've naturally been stalking her online store...I noticed she was having a 20% off sale, plus she kindly gave me a special price for buying all of this at once...all the pretties shall belong to me. 
Adorable Freddy! I didn't wear this dress to visit him & Angie, but I have to document the cute. We also had dinner.
I wore this dress a second time to farmers' market & brunch with the purple Kate. Look at how sweet she is (above)...it had just snowed a bunch, so she was stomping down a path so I could walk (I was wearing boots & not the shoes in the pictures) into the restaurant. Where she made a sad face while pushing away my delicious cheese curds...Oh, & drinking one of my favorite drinks, Corpse Reviver...Why are there no pictures of meee? 
I was too hungry to remember to document my Eggs Benedict while still intact. It was tasty. The girlie mood... 
ModCloth had a 40% off clearance sale while I had this dress...& it was in the sale for only $26! I immediately bought it. So, I had to get a few more things for free shipping...

No comments:

Post a Comment