Thursday, August 23, 2018

Traveling Trolley

 Dress: Theresa Dress in Trolley Print by Effie's Heart (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee Shop
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: ?, thrifted
Earring & Necklace: Babil & Bijou, former etsy shop
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Mom, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I snapped up this dress when it showed up in the GB Shop for $15...they were out of my typical size 4x, but I took a chance on the 3x as it is a true wrap dress & I remembered there being a lot of room in the larger size. It was a perfect fit...I didn't want for an extra inch of fabric anywhere...so, now I know...that at least in this style of EH, 3x is a great fit. In looking at the photos of me wearing the 4x last summer, the top on this one fits better, but there is more swirl to the skirt in the 4x. I'll take a better fitting top. 
None of the green sandals I own were quite the right match...but I wish I would have went with one of them anyway. Metallic just doesn't pop. 
I love the soft colors in this dress & how they look against my skin...
My make-up with this outfit included...Sunrise Blue eyeliner from NYX; Acid Rain, Mildew, & Moonflower eyeshadow by Urban Decay; MAC lipstick in Dozen Carnations; & OPI nail polish in Greenwich Green. 
I wore this dress about 1/2 a dozen times...the first time was to have girlie happy hour with my girlie at Heritage Tavern. 
 Pretty ice cubes.
 $5 happy hour tacos...the yummiest deal in town.
 The art of eating an artfully made deviled egg...
 Olive romping at the dog park...
Buying flowers from farmers' market every week has made me ridiculously happy this summer...best $5 ever spent. I also wore this dress to do my final consult with Maggie for my farmers' market tattoo. 
A few weeks ago, I drove to the Detroit area to visit my grandma while my mom was there visiting her. I wore this dress on my last day & for the ride home. My favorite part of the visit came on this morning...my grandma was making her bed & I helped her get the other side & she told me about this quilt her mom made for her, by hand, as a wedding gift back in the 40s. She has been using it every summer for decades & it's still in nearly pristine condition. These are the kind of stories you only get to hear when you show up. 
We were going to go to The Pancake House for breakfast, but no one but me wanted to wait. Breakfast at National...where I got my first senior discount! Grosse Point Woods had this adorable dog statue art all over town that different artists decorated that made me smile while I was there. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog very much and has given me the fashion bug!!!! I have even thought of starting my own blog here in Australia. I only wish we had Gwynnie Bee here. There is still limited choice here in Aus for curvy ladies but I have found a lot of sites online with great clothes thanks to your blog. I have made my first order from We Love Colours as your tights are always so colour co-ordinated, bright and cheerful. You look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! That is so lovely to hear. You should start a blog! It's a great confidence booster & you'd be surprised at the things you notice in pictures that you miss in the mirror.

      Delete