Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Exit the King

 Dress: Coral Floral Harriet Dress by Unique Vintage (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: ?, thrifted
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Jason, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This is the first time I've been able to wear a Unique Vintage dress as this was the first time their 4x fit an actual 4x...so, yay! It was still a smidge small on me through the waist, but nothing uncomfortable...the smocked back made the fit fantastic on top. I'm not sure if this size 4x is a one-off, or if they've altered their patterns to be a true size 4x instead of vintage sizing. I am going to write to them to find out & report back. Everything about this dress was dreamy...the length, the twirl, the colors...more please. 
Brands like Unique Vintage expanding their size range to include a true 4x is exciting to me because they don't just focus on plus fashion, but fashion for all. I dearly hope they are going to join the ranks of Cherry Velvet, Melissa Masse, & Lady V London in offering dresses from size XS-4X. Please?!
I don't know what those pretty tall flowers are behind me, but aren't they lovely? My only regret in wearing this dress is I forgot to pull my bra straps together in back with a holder...it's such a small thing that makes such a big difference. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Mildew; Kat von D eyeshadow in Vinyl, Analogue, Destroyer, & Löve; Habanero lipstick from MAC; Orange County lipstick by NYX; & OPI nail polish in Atomic Orange. 
I wore this dress to see our first American Players Theatre play of the season, Exit the King. We had a picnic before the show...with wine from Kate, of course. 
 Jason & Kate...
 Me & the girlie...
Me & David...this was the only photo where one of us wasn't sticking our tongue out.

No comments:

Post a Comment