Monday, August 27, 2018

Casual, Cute, & Comfy

 Dress: Dolce Vita Dress in Citrus Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via GB Shop
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, various family members, & me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had this dress from Gwynnie Bee back in spring of 2017, & bought it shortly later when it showed up in the GB Shop. I thought it read a bit too grey/cool for me to buy at the time...but I knew it would be something I'd wear endlessly...like all the Effie's Heart super cute comfy dresses. I wore this dress several times before retiring it for the year. 
My only issue with this dress is something that happens to all the dresses in this style after several washings...the pockets curl out & are a bit droopy, which looks sloppy...I need to pick up some iron on interfacing, or something, to fix this issue. 
 No make-up/accessory pics were taken of this outfit. 
I first wore this dress to attend Concerts on the Square with Kate. I wanted to wear something that was the equivalent of a hug as the sores on my legs were hurting me badly & getting me to feel pretty ugly. But, girlie time helped! And wine. And tuna poke. This was a perfect summer evening...not hot or humid...the theme of the night was songs by Journey & Queen. The mix of those things made this a record breaking crowd of ~55,000 people. We were most looking forward to Queen, but the singer sounded just like Steve Perry, so that ended up being the best part of the night. 
I also wore this dress to meet my dermatologist & get one of my sores biopsied...& give a gallon of blood for various tests. And after that...David & I travelled to Milwaukee to pick up an antique mirror for our bathroom that we found on eBay. The seller ships via Greyhound & we no longer have a bus station in Madison...so Milwaukee was the closest. So we hit all the Restores while we were there. My childhood bedroom furniture was much like the cream & gold set below, fabulous chairs, & a vintage buffet...all things we left at the store. We found a brand new, still in box, Toto toilet...& seat...$100! That will go in our basement bathroom. And David spied that awesome metal rack that he's going to make wooden drawers for so I can use it for jewelry storage...it would have never occurred to me. 
Time for a haircut with Gen. Morning Glories at the dog park & smiling sunflowers on our kitchen counter. 
Finally, I wore this dress to drive to the Detroit area to visit my grandma while my mom was in town...we went out to dinner with my Aunt Kathy & Sandy...then sat around my grandma's house talking. 
 And took pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. I hope the sores turn out to be something easily fixable by some antibiotics or topical stuff. I had (well, have) folliculitis on my arms, especially in the summer, and Doxycycline clears it up...but you have to take it for like 2 months and stay out of the sun (or wear a lot of sunscreen). I still get the occasional little sore, but not like it was. It feels so icky. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. I'm glad you have a go-to comfy outfit, though. That helps.

    ReplyDelete