Sunday, August 12, 2018

Erin Rae // Kari Arnett // 4th of July

 Dress: Anchors Away Print Napoli Dress by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Fly London
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This Effie's Heart Napoli style dress is a little miracle...it just fits so good. I've also worn it in Herringbone, & own it in Coil print. This dress was a tad too patriotic for me...I wore it several times, but ultimately could not see owning it. The fit is fantastic & I love everything about this style...especially the heavy t-shirt fabric EH uses that makes their dresses so soft & comfortable. I'm getting old...I mention comfort A LOT. 
The navy in the dress & teggings were a perfect match...it was like wearing Garanimals.
The creme & red stripes were difficult to see from far off...but up close...
I wore this outfit to The Shitty Barn, where the highlight of the night for me was a special surprise appearance by John Davey. In looking him up to make sure I was spelling his name correctly...I see he's living in my hometown right now, Marquette, MI. Awesome. 
I also wore this dress to farmers' market, work, & 4th of July...because how could I not? I didn't wear any make-up on the 4th...we stayed home & Angie came over to visit the doggies, then Toby came over...then Kate & Jason. Even though our house is far from company ready...it's nice to have friends over. Kate brought wine & we made zoodles with homemade pesto & heirloom tomatoes. We also watched Black Panther & a documentary, The Incomparable Rose Hartman...about a female photographer in NYC...I feel it would be a good double feature with Bill Cunningham...although she's not nearly as charming. It was a scorching hot weekend & we didn't feel like dealing with crowds...so we watched Disney's fireworks on Youtube, ha! 

David picked up a fabulous mail cart at Deconstruction, Inc for us to put under our laundry shoot...it is wonderful. Also, I love Penzeys Spices...both their product & politics make me smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment