Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Time to Plant All The Things!

 Dress: Anna Karenina Malta Skater Dress by Spruce & Sage (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
 Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit on a Saturday to go to garage sales, farmers' market, & to plant all the things. Look at the colors in this dress! Marvelous. Perfect for an autumn day, but also appropriate for a mild spring day. The fit of this 90s vibe skater dress was good, however, it was entirely too short...several ladies at farmers' market complimented me on my pretty shirt...thank goodness for teggings. This would be a fun dress in cooler months as there are so many different cardigan/sock/shoe combinations that would go fabulously with these lovely colors. 
On my way to farmers' market, I spied 2 garage sale signs. The first was full of shoes...nice shoes. Sadly, as this was her 3rd weekend in a row of having it, she was sold out of all the size 9.5 I would have liked...but she had quite a few size 11's, so I texted Angie some pictures & picked up a pair of Keens for her. Also, I got on her mailing list for her fall sale. 
The other garage sale had some fab lawn art...I love that sort of thing...but not for sale...so I took some photos for inspiration. 

I decided to share more photos here than normal since I took so many on this day. It reminds me of the old Live Journal days when we'd all occasionally post our weekend in pictures...or this group I used to belong to on there...A Day in My Life, I miss that group...people from all over the world would share with us a day in photos...it was fascinating to me. Perhaps I'll do that here once a month. 
Kate was busy helping a friend move...so I did more people watching at market than usual since I was alone. I loved this woman's skirt! In addition to buying produce & other edibles...I bought all our herbs & flowers on this day, since Mother's Day weekend is supposedly the safe time to plant in Madison. 

After market, the co-op for salmon...where I spied this elephant bag...isn't it the cutest?! I adore elephants. 
Garage Sale finds...I couldn't pass up that blingy rhinestone leopard bracelet. 

BLT wraps for lunch. I get on this kick every spring when the tomatoes first appear. 
There's a Sadie in our herb garden (we were dog sitting for Angie & Toby)!  Foreshadowing what was to come? Since I was too upset to take photos, I will tell you now that these herbs had to be replaced. Twice. We normally take down that decorative fence for the winter...but we didn't this year...so Oscar was used to jumping in there & thought it looked like a nice cool place to dig a hole & chill. Yes, that tiny fence is usually enough of a difference that he leaves it alone...he's adorable...but not so bright. Poor Oscar, he didn't know. After the second time, Angie lent us a wire cage to Oscar-proof the little herbies. 
Flowers! In vintage sinks, wagons, & desks. 
My make-up that day included MAC's Korean Candy lipstick & Nars Mediteranee eyeshadow duo. 

1 comment: