Monday, June 22, 2015

Kris Delmhorst

 Dress: Scuba Fit & Flare Dress in Azalea by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Me
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Me, & Kate (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to work & to see a concert with Kate. I wanted to love this dress...it looked fun & I typically like Taylor Dresses. The bottom was a good fit, but the top was all wrong...too big all over, but especially the arm holes. And those cap sleeves...can you really call those cap sleeves?? Those gave me a boxy linebacker look that just wasn't attractive. And then there was the horrible thick scuba fabric. Sometimes scuba fabric works, but not here. Oh, & I nearly forgot my boobs...where did they go?? This design & neckline minimized them into nonexistence.
I wouldn't let Kate eat until we took photos...she's so good to me. My need for a different pose overrode my desire to hide my 3 inch larger arm. The girlie is also wearing GB, Dip Dye High Lo Hem Dress by Karen Kane. 
Weenie Mac & Fatty Boombalatty (isn't that fun to say?) at The Shitty Barn to see Kris Delmhorst. During intermission, we enjoyed the peanut butter ice cream...soooooo peanut buttery!
My make-up that day included...Junkshow & Perversion eyeshadow from Urban Decay's Vice Ltd palette, a mixture of UD Illicit & Bite Beauty's Quince lipsticks, & Morgan Taylor's J'Adore My Mani (pink sparkle!) on my nails. 

2 comments:

  1. Not only did your Girls vanish, but there is a very odd visual illusion going on with the skirt.. It is a shame because I love the concept of this dress and I love the print. I wonder if the prints were swapped, what it would look like then.. :)

    Your make up is amazing, as always. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this dress on a Gwynnie Bee promo and fell in love. I'm bummed that it didn't work out for you, but I guess that's the benefit of Gwynnie Bee. It's not a major loss if it doesn't work out! I do love the Harlequin vibe of the print, though!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete