Thursday, June 25, 2015

Estrellón Preview

 Dress: Scuba Dress in Black Floral by Gabby Skye (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring & Bracelet: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this stunningly gorgeous fit & flare to work one day & on another day to farmers' market, garage sales, & to a restaurant sneak preview. The colors in this dress *swoon*...if it weren't for the cut-outs on top, I would have had to own this dress. Not only are laser cutouts not my thing, but they were frayed around the edges & I was the first person to get this dress. I loved wearing this dress because: the colors were marvelous, the length was just right, fit & flares were made for me, the fabric felt lovely, & the armholes were PERFECT. I'm not sure why so many plus size designers get this wrong...I don't want to be able to fit both arms in one hole, nor do I want the entire side of my bra to show. A perfectly exquisite summer frock!
Garage sale finds...the 3 metal things came from a Victorian house I've been admiring for decades that I used to live just up the block from. The Willy Street neighborhood was having their garage sale weekend & as I was walking back from one on my list...I noticed this guy was having a tiny yard sale. I spied that round decorative metal piece & had to have it, then I noticed the leaf...as I was paying him he asked me if I liked metal stuff...yes!! So he told me he had a lot more he hadn't gotten around to bringing out & he wanted to show me one he was certain he was getting rid of. As he walked into his marvelous home he turned around & told me to come in!! Oh, I wish I could have taken pictures...it was far more amazing than I ever dreamed inside. He is a collector of spectacular antiques & unique things. Covering the walls in his tiny bathroom off the kitchen were bits & bobs of decorative metal...his prize possession being an ornate letter T for his last name. I bought this bit of fence from him & he told me he would be selling more, but first, "I need to fall out of love with them." I was so enthusiastic about his many beautiful things, that he showed me around & told me stories about some of his special items. It was fantastic & magical. 
Super Boo, Angie, & I attended the sneak peek of Tory Miller's soon to open restaurant, Estrellon. How could we pass up all the food & drinks you could consume by a James Beard award winning chef for only $20?! The food was delicious, but I can't remember what my favorite bite was...something with seafood. The only review I could find of the evening leaves out several things that were served. The sangria was the best I've ever had other than my own (I make phenomenal sangria). 
These croquettes filled with manchego were delightful, but the surprise of the evening for me was how much I liked the morcilla (blood sausage). Blood sausage is a popular Polish food that my dad has always loved, but that I could never bring myself to fully swallow. 
Porróns! How adorable are those wine vessels?! Kate needs one. 
The rhubarb cocktail with star fruit was pretty, but not nearly as tasty as the sangria they ran out of. It was a fun preview & I look forward to dining at Estrellón without all the chaos of a preview night. 
My make-up with this outfit included...eyeshadows from Urban Decay & Sugarpill, as well as my favorite summer orange lipstick, Korean Candy by MAC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment